Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Seach and Replace
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Seach and Replace Post 302519990 by Corona688 on Thursday 5th of May 2011 02:23:39 PM
Old 05-05-2011
Why do you have everything wrapped in helv and veranda font tags? Why not just use a single code tag to denote code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle_99
Is there away of not changing the date of the file?
No, but I think you could use touch to restore the file time later, depending on your system. What is your system? What is your shell?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seach for Record

Below is an example of a file with some records... each record start with P1 till the next P1. If I search for something like "4,4545:" then I want all the records with "4,4545:" to be removed from original file and copied to a temp file. P1 1,123455654444 2,7126817361873 3,2134128282828... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtravel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed seach replace

Need help on using sed .. search for pattern then delete that occurance globally .. ex. <ad-number>1002877553-01</ad-number> <start-date>01/07/2009</start-date> <end-date>01/07/2009</end-date> <eps-file>c:\adpay\100298452.eps </eps-file> Want to delete this expression ---> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aveitas
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK seach for exact word in certain column

Can anyone help me how I will extract all lines in a file where the word "worker" or "co-worker" in 2nd column exist. There are also word in 2nd column like "workers" or "worker2" but I don't want to display those lines. Appreciate any help in advance! Thank you! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to seach junk or special char in vi edit

Hi, I have text file which is genrated by some external system(not sure of what is the edirot used) I copied to my Solaris machine and did vi found some strange text like below in one line. Ren\351 Erich I wanted to find all places that contain \351, in vi I am unable search unsing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to seach in specific directories?

Hi, How can I perform a search on parent directories and not child? I need to search and gzip files that are in /Home/Parent, but there are subdirectories under Parent ( /Home/Parent/Today). I don't want to gzip anything in the "Today" folder, just stop at the parent. There are about 50... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell to seach all .mov files in a drive

I want a shell script which does: -> search all .mov files in a drive (say e: drive) which are above 800 mb of size -> Delete the searched .mov files which are above 800mb Thanks, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.b
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seach for part of string and replace whole word

I am trying to find words in a text with a certain ending with sed and replace them with themselves but wrapped in tabs ex.: The fish swims in the water. -> searching for -ms ending The fish <tab>swims<tab>in the water. I've been trying all sorts of commands and get either an error... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinnes
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and seach limit with grep

Hi, I'm testing nginx-cache-purge and notice that grep searches all file content, and since the cache key is in the second line I would like to limit grep searching. This is the script I'm using: github.com/perusio/nginx-cache-purge The line I would like to change and limit grep search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nfn
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file seach from pulseaudio module list

Hi Guys,I admit my knowledge in this area is awful, :( I'm trying to get the alsa card number from within the text returned by running pactl list cards Alsa card numbers from running aplay -l and above do not match. I'm attempting to get a match on the PA card list with the type of sound... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g8jvm
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk seach and printing a particular pattern

Hi i need a help for this. the output of a command is like below 1 /tmp/x 2.2K /tmp/y 3.2k /tmp/z 1G /tmp/a/b 2.2G /tmp/c 3.4k /tmp/d Now i need to grep for the paths which are in GB..like below 1G /tmp/a/b 2.2G /tmp/c pls suggest me, how can i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
12 Replies
XmFontListEntryCreate(library call)									       XmFontListEntryCreate(library call)

NAME
XmFontListEntryCreate -- A font list function that creates a font list entry SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmFontListEntry XmFontListEntryCreate( char *tag, XmFontType type, XtPointer font); DESCRIPTION
XmFontListEntryCreate creates a font list entry that contains either a font or font set and is identified by a tag. tag Specifies a NULL terminated string for the tag of the font list entry. The tag may be specified as XmFONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG, which is used to identify the default font list element in a font list. type Specifies whether the font argument is a font structure or a font set. Valid values are XmFONT_IS_FONT and XmFONT_IS_FONTSET. font Specifies either an XFontSet returned by XCreateFontSet or a pointer to an XFontStruct returned by XLoadQueryFont. The toolkit does not copy the X Font structure specified by the font argument. Therefore, an application programmer must not free XFontStruct or XFontSet until all font lists and/or font entries that reference it have been freed. RETURN
Returns a font list entry. The function allocates space to hold the returned font list entry. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmFontListEntryFree. RELATED
XmFontList(3), XmFontListAppendEntry(3), XmFontListEntryFree(3), XmFontListEntryGetFont(3), XmFontListEntryGetTag(3), XmFontListEntry- Load(3), and XmFontListRemoveEntry(3). XmFontListEntryCreate(library call)