Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine Post 302519988 by DGPickett on Thursday 5th of May 2011 02:13:35 PM
Old 05-05-2011
I guess it is either that or mount the compiler during a maintenance period.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

music production, unix

okay, so i'm using windows right now because i produce electronic music and all my software is written for windows. i want to get rid of microsoft's os, so i'm wondering if there is an easy way to run these windows programs on a unix system. maybe a windows emulator for x-windows or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nydel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access a file in production machine?

Hi All, Do we need to give any user ID for running the UNIX batch script? Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep.edara
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help.. ! Production Env.

Hi ! I want to delete a softlink... with a name.. " -> ALCATEL " FYI:- lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 32 Dec 3 2007 COX -> /wlsuite/om/cm/build/sandbox/COX lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 33 Jul 21 05:52 WL10 -> /wlsuite/om-cm/build/sandbox/WL10 lrwxrwxrwx 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Production Directory Structures

We (our company) has just purchased a new IBM unix machine. We have been doing some research and have found that it is NOT a good idea to put your own in-house-written applications under the existing file folders such as /usr or /bin ect. Instead you should place these applications in directories... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrubaker
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

Production to DR switch

Hi, I have application server on IP 10.10.220.42 (Prod). When the Production goes down I wish to switch over all my application server's configuration files onto IP 10.10.220.45 (DR). The client is exposed to proxy apache http webserver running @ IP 10.10.220.30 Can you please suggest... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
PREFIX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PREFIX(1)

NAME
prefix - Script that allows you to reconfigure environment variables for multiple installations of a set of software installed on the same machine SYNOPSIS
prefix DESCRIPTION
It is assumed that the software for each installation is all under a single directory whose name is assigned to an environment variable called PREFIX. This arrangement of enabling multiple installations of software on a single machine is useful at many times. On a single server, it can provide for development, test, and production installations of software. Alternatively, on development servers, it allows for multiple development "sandboxes", one for each developer. On production servers, it allows for multiple versions of the production software to be installed. One might be the currently running software, one the previous software kept online as a fall-back, and one a new release of software wich is scheduled to be brought online soon. There are three usages of the prefix script: (1) The interactive usage should be placed as the last line of a user's ".profile". The user must be running the Korn shell (ksh) or the Bourne Again shell (bash). The user is prompted to enter one of the known PREFIX locations, specified in the $HOME/.prefixes file or the /etc/prefixes file. During configuration, the $PREFIX/.prefixrc file is sourced in order to accomplish environment-specific configurations. (2) The non-interactive user configuration does not consult $HOME/.prefixes or /etc/prefixes or prompt the user, but merely configures the environment in accordance with the cmd line argument. (3) The batch command usage is mainly for running commands from cron or running commands in another environment without changing to that environment. Usage (1): . prefix (sets up environment) (2): . prefix <prefix> (non-interactive setup) (3): prefix <prefix> <cmd> <args> (runs cmd configured for PREFIX) This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. AUTHOR
Prefix was written by Stephen Adkins <spadkins@gmail.com>, and is part of the App-Options distribution. This manual page was written by Jotam Jr. Trejo <jotamjr@debian.org.sv>, for the Debian systems (but may be used by others). Oct 07, 2010 PREFIX(1)