Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search Engine
Top Forums Web Development Search Engine Post 302519977 by DGPickett on Thursday 5th of May 2011 01:52:12 PM
Old 05-05-2011
You want a data structure that expands, updates, deletes in a other-user-invisible way, like leaf-to-root modification. Users coming down the old tree are not bothered by new trees you build to replace, or new subtrees.

A lot of code and though goes into dealing with kill-words, words and phrases that happen so often you never want to index them. You can discover them as they hit a threshold, or just trim them as needed for space.

JAVA using persistent objects may work well for this. You might want to make your own persistent objects out of map'd flat files.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Engine

How do you write a search engline to search offline scripts? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawaiifiver
3 Replies

2. Programming

Search Engine in C

Hello everybody, I need help with this, I need to design a CGI search engine in C but i have no idea on what or how to do it. Do i have to open all the html files one by one and search for the given strings? i think this process will be slow, and will take too much of the server processing... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

About search engine in unix

Hello, How to create a search engine in unix using commands?...Atleast guidelines to craete this search engine...Thank you in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
10 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

About search engine in unix

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How to create a search engine in unix using commands?...Atleast guidelines to craete this search engine...Thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search

Getting a bit more comfortable making quick YT videos in 4K, here is: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search Console https://youtu.be/I6b9T2qcqFo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Gnome2::GConf::Engine(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Gnome2::GConf::Engine(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::GConf::Engine - A Configuration Engine SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Gnome2::GConf::Engine is the Perl binding for the "GConfEngine" object. A GConfEngine is a configuration engine, that is a stack of config sources. Normally, there's just one of these on the system. Gnome2::GConf::Engine provides a low-level interface for accessing GConf data; you should normally use a Gnome2::GConf::Client inside your code. SEE ALSO
Gnome2::GConf(3pm), Gnome2::GConf::Value(3pm), Gnome2::GConf::ChangeSet(3pm). HIERARCHY
Glib::Boxed +----Gnome2::GConf::Engine METHODS
list = $engine->all_dirs ($dir) o $dir (string) This method returns an array containing all the directories in a given directory. list = $engine->all_entries ($dir) o $dir (string) This method returns an array containing all the entries of a given directory. boolean = $engine->associate_schema ($key, $schema_key) o $key (string) o $schema_key (string) Associate a schema to a key. $schema_key should have a schema (if $key stores a value) or a dir full of schemas (if $key stores a directory name) changeset = $engine->change_set_from_current ($key, ...) o ... (list) list of keys to add to the changeset Create a Gnome2::GConf::ChangeSet from a list of keys inside the GConf database. boolean = $engine->commit_change_set ($cs, $remove_committed) (boolean, changeset) = $engine->commit_change_set ($cs, $remove_committed) o $cs (changeset) o $remove_committed (boolean) Commit a given Gnome2::GConf::ChangeSet. In scalar context, or if $remove_committed is FALSE, return a boolean value; otherwise, return the boolean value and the Gnome2::GConf::ChangeSet $cs, pruned of the successfully committed changes. engine = Gnome2::GConf::Engine->get_default Get the default Gnome2::GConf::Engine. boolean = $engine->dir_exists ($dir) o $dir (string) engine or undef = Gnome2::GConf::Engine->get_for_address ($address) o $address (string) Create a Gnome2::GConf::Engine for the given address. engine or undef = Gnome2::GConf::Engine->get_for_addresses (...) o ... (list) Create a Gnome2::GConf::Engine for the given addresses. Since: gconf 2.7 value = $engine->get ($key) o $key (string) Fetch and return the Gnome2::GConf::Value bound to the given $key. This overrides Glib::Object's "get", so you'll want to use "$object->get_property" to get object's properties. boolean = $engine->set ($key, $value) o $key (string) o $value (value) Set the Gnome2::GConf::Value bound to the given key. integer = $engine->notify_add ($namespace_section, $func, $data=undef) o $namespace_section (string) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) $engine->notify_remove ($cnxn_id) o $cnxn_id (integer) $engine->remove_dir ($dir) o $dir (string) changeset = $engine->reverse_change_set ($cs) o $cs (changeset) Create a change set that would revert the given change set for the given Gnome2::GConf::Engine. $engine->suggest_sync boolean = $engine->unset ($key) o $key (string) Unset the given key. value = $engine->get_with_locale ($key, $locale) o $key (string) o $locale (string) Fetch and return the Gnome2::GConf::Value bound to the given $key, for a specific $locale. Locale only matters if you are expecting to get a schema, or if you don't know what you are expecting and it might be a schema. Note that Gnome2::GConf::Engine::get automatically uses the current locale, which is normally what you want. value = $engine->get_without_default ($key) o $key (string) Fetch the Gnome2::GConf::Value bound to the given key, without returning the default value (specified inside the schema) if the key is unset. SEE ALSO
Gnome2::GConf, Glib::Boxed COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gnome2::GConf for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-17 Gnome2::GConf::Engine(3pm)