Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Know your System Administrator Post 302519761 by Sun Fire on Thursday 5th of May 2011 02:51:19 AM
Old 05-05-2011
Can't stop laughing LOOOOOOL

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

I want to become a System Administrator

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get a job as a Unix/Solaris system administrator? My current job is supporting an application that runs on Solaris servers. I have very minimal Solaris/Unix skills but would like to expand on them with the aim of getting a junior sys admin role. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

2. AIX

Test 223: System p Administrator

Please may you help me with specific study packs, redbooks etc that may help me pass this certification. Also can you advise me the best AIX certification course as I am new to AIX, coming from solaris and networking environments. Thanx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
10 Replies

3. Solaris

add administrator user to system

Hello I have a new job and I need change the last user administrator, I dont know if is easier change some things about this user or add my user in the group with every permission, how can I do it. I dont know which is the group. I think is no only useradd en after modify /etc/passwd. Tank... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cata
14 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Needed: Sr. System Administrator

Composite Software, Inc. is hiring! Sr. System Administrator Location: San Mateo, CA REQ: 10-22 Reports to: IT Manager Job Description Composite Software is hiring a full-time System Administrator. The system administrator will be responsible for installing,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Composite SW
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for System Administrator

Hello All, If possible can anybody kindly let me know the good shell scripting book for system Administrator. Thanks & Regards, Vinay.K.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay_ks
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux System Administrator for a role in CH

Hi guys I hope I will not break any rules and guidelines on the forum with this post. I am Admir, working as a recruiter for execIT Recruitment Zurich, Switzerland. Our client is an urgent need of a linux system administrator/support analyst who has trading floor experience and is eligible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BosAd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Becoming a system administrator, need some advice.

I've been learning linux and solaris for the past couple months and have been thinking about seeking a systems admin career. Is it worth it to learn solaris? Do many companies really use it or is it a waste of my time? Would learning just linux be a better idea? I see there's more opportunity as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinramsay
2 Replies
asadmin-stop-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					  asadmin-stop-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-stop-domain, stop-domain - stops the given domain SYNOPSIS
stop-domain [--domaindir install_dir/domains][--terse=false] [--echo=false] [domain_name] stop-domain stops the specified domain. If there is only one domain in the default domain directory (install_dir/domains), then no operand is required to stop the domain. However, if there is more than one domain, the domain operand must be specified. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be stopped. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domainis stopped in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using stop-domain asadmin> stop-domain sampleDomain Stoping Domain sampleDomain, please wait Domain sampleDomain stopped Command stop-domain executed successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain in the default domains directory is stopped. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-stop-domain(1AS)