Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Call
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Call Post 302519754 by ddreggors on Thursday 5th of May 2011 02:06:54 AM
Old 05-05-2011
Is dmcc.c a source code file?
Are you simpy trying to print it's contents?

If is is compiled code and executable, are the permissions set as executable?

It is not clear what you are trying to do, open and display or run a program. If it is not compiled it will not run as a program.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call Telnet From Within A Shell?

Hi there, I got a big problem. For one of our customers I did a website (php) that connects to another machine "A" (server) to machine "B" via expect. Now he wants that after the the connection with "B" is established, a telnet connection to "C" is opened, and some commands are executed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tubbietoeter
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script call from a DB trigger

Has anybody been able to execute a shell script call from a database trigger? If so what are the steps to execute it? Do we have any specific packages in Oracle? Reards, Rahul. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Java by using shell script

Hi All, I am new to shell script, just wanted you guy to help. How do i call a java program by using shell script, pls give some samle code for it, thank you ver much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaabbb123123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to call an Executable (.exe) using shell

Hi all , I need to call an executable (.exe) using shell script. Actual need is i need to call that shell script and do an export of some tables is there any way . the executable is datamover Please let me know if there are any option !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What do you call the > thingy in context of the shell?

I can't for the life of me remember what the name is for ">" My mentor told it to me 20 years ago and I can't remember it now. I know we like to call it re-direct, but there was a name othere than that he used. During a recent training session, someone cut and paste from a file that just happened... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call one korn shell from a shell

Hi guys, please help me I have a ksh script (second picture down), in that script I define the function DATECALC. Now I want to use this function KSH in a program shell. How can I call this ksh from my shell program? My shell program is... in the first two lines I tried to call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acevallo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call web service from Shell

Hello All, I have to import data from xml file to mysql database multi-time a day. I think it is better to write a tool to help this. So I write a web service in php. I don't know that if we can call a web service via shell script. If it can, I think we can create a cron job to help run it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hapytran
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call makefile from shell script

I'm writing a VERY simple shell script. I need to call a makefile in a subdirectory. What's the command I need to use? ./dir/make and ./dir/makefile doesn't work. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamahabob
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a function in Shell..?

#!/bin/bash FUN_ECHO(){ echo $1 } FUN_ECHO "hi how are you ?" This code will work fine. BUT is it possible to make the following to work ? FUN_ECHO "hi how are you ?" FUN_ECHO(){ echo $1 } I know that the code will be executed line by line. But i have a number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
5 Replies
isalist(1)							   User Commands							isalist(1)

NAME
isalist - display the native instruction sets executable on this platform SYNOPSIS
isalist DESCRIPTION
isalist prints the names of the native instruction sets executable on this platform on the standard output, as returned by the SI_ISALIST command of sysinfo(2). The names are space-separated and are ordered in the sense of best performance. That is, earlier-named instruction sets may contain more instructions than later-named instruction sets; a program that is compiled for an earlier-named instruction sets will most likely run faster on this machine than the same program compiled for a later-named instruction set. Programs compiled for instruction sets that do not appear in the list will most likely experience performance degradation or not run at all on this machine. The instruction set names known to the system are listed in isalist(5). These names may or may not match predefined names or compiler options in the C language compilation system, ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
optisa(1), uname(1), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 1997 isalist(1)