Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How is a new Web Development language written ? Post 302519608 by Corona688 on Wednesday 4th of May 2011 11:32:33 AM
Old 05-04-2011
Didn't you ask this before?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does the programming language matters?

I see you guys encouraged people studied and used C while they were working on UNIX. Does C++ or JAVA matter? And in the past threads, Neo, PxT, and other members recommanded lots good books. I think those people who asked for the references, such as Dominic, had experiences on sys admin or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
8 Replies

2. Programming

c programming language

Can someone enligten me on what below program does? I understand getchar and putchar.. but what is this program suppose to do? I try to put printf on it, but it shows nothing.. can someone explain to me what this program is suppose to do? It is reading something and assigning to c? so, if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
8 Replies

3. Web Development

Web Development, Web 2.0 and Mashups

I think we are missing an important forum on Web Development, including Web 2.0 and Mashups. Well, here is another poll ..... I vote yes :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Programming

Needed help in web development where libraries are written in Ruby!!!

Hi all, I have developed a couple of libraries using ruby for my networks project.Its completely done except for a GUI for the front end. But i am in a fix to know what i need to be using for its development. I initially had plans of using ROR but there is absolutely no DB management that is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is PERL a programming language?

I need a small and simple clarification... Can someone tell me whether PERL is a programming language or not. Also, can shell scripts also considered as programming language or not. Also, please tell me the exact difference between programming language and scripting. Please help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

7. Programming

How is a new Web Development language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new Web Development languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way Web Development languages first appear ? I'm asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

8. Programming

What Programming language should I start learning first?

I want to create a computer program that will translate from English to Spanish and vice versa. So someone could type in a word, phrase, or paragraph and translate from one language to another. What programming language would I use to write up the code and then implement this program? I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
8 Replies
Mason::Manual::Setup(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Mason::Manual::Setup(3pm)

NAME
Mason::Manual::Setup - Setting up Mason SETUP
Web development The most common use of Mason is to generate dynamic web content. Poet is a web framework designed specifically to work with Mason. Given an HTTP request, Poet generates a corresponding Mason request, and uses the output from Mason to form the HTTP response. Poet takes care of the web development details that are outside of Mason's domain, such as server integration and configuration. Poet::Manual::Tutorial shows how to set up a Poet/Mason site in great detail. Mason can also be used in the popular web frameworks Catalyst and Dancer, as a drop-in replacement for their default template engines. See Catalyst::View::Mason2 and Dancer::Template::Mason2. Non-web development Mason can be used to generate any kind of dynamic content. I have personally used it to generate Apache configuration files, emails, and C++ code. To use Mason from a script or library, use the Mason::Interp API: my $interp = Mason->new( comp_root => '/path/to/comps', data_dir => '/path/to/data', ... ); my $output = $interp->run( '/request/path', foo => 5 )->output(); If you want to process a directory with a mix of Mason templates and static files, check out Any::Template::ProcessDir. To try out Mason syntax from the command line, use the mason script: % mason 2 + 2 = <% 2+2 %> ^D 2 + 2 = 4 LOGGING
Mason uses Log::Any to log various events, such as the start and end of each request. You can direct thesse logs to the output of your choice; see Log::Any::Adapter. If you don't specify anything then the logs will go into the void. SEE ALSO
Mason AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-02 Mason::Manual::Setup(3pm)