Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need script to remove millions of tmp files in /html/cache/ directory Post 302519567 by Yagami on Wednesday 4th of May 2011 09:52:13 AM
Old 05-04-2011
I think it hangs because first it try to find/list all files within folder and then operate... if you are fine to delete that folder itself and create a new one that would speed up...

---------- Post updated at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:18 PM ----------

#!/bin/bash
cd /html/
mv cache cache.bak
mkdir cache
rm -rf cache.bak

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove all empty files within the directory structure?

Hi I need to write a shell script which basically searches for all the empty files within the directory structure, lists them before asking the user to confirm if they would like to delete them. If the user deletes the file then a notice would appear confirming the file is deleted. I've be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cat123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script related /tmp directory

hi friends. i have to make a perl script to generate all users and space(how much they are using) and files(how much files they have) and time(how much time that accessed /tmp buffer) from /tmp directory. please provide me guidance. regards pranesh b. mishra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
2 Replies

3. Web Development

html link to images in /tmp directory

Because of permission issues, I need to link to images in my web page which are stored in /tmp which of course is located in the root directory but my actual html page is much further down in another directory. I thought the the following code should work, but the image comes up as a broken link:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solerous
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script That Can navigate to 3 differents directory & remove files under them

Hi I am Trying to Write a script that can goto 4 different directorys on the server & remove the Files older then 30 days ?? /logs logs1 logs2 logs3 Now I need to remove files under logs1 logs2 logs3 which are older then 30 days whose name stat 'sit' , 'mig','bld' . in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove urls from html files

Does anybody know how to remove all urls from html files? all urls are links with anchor texts in the form of <a href="http://www.anydomain.com">ANCHOR</a> they may start with www or not. Goal is to delete all urls and keep the ANCHOR text and if possible to change tags around anchor to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search for a character in files in a Directory & remove it

Hi All, Am new to both Unix & this Forum - Need some help on a script that I am trying to write: In a Directory i have few text files which might or might not contain some text that I am trying to find. Once that text is found in any of the files, it needs to be removed from the file ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting tmp files of SORT into different directory

Hey Guys, I am facing an annoying scenario, fewer times when I execute the sort command, it throws out on error saying that "No Space on available on /var/tmp/<temp file name>. May be it is set to /var/tmp directory. I was wondering, if I cant redirect the temporary file creation to any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to remove zip files from a directory

Hi Folks, There is a job which generates a .zip files every day at /usr/app/generated directory , now please advise for the script that will delete this zip files permanently.but while deleting it should make sure that it will not delete the last two days recently generated zip files and this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse multiple html files in directory

I have downloaded source code for 97 files using: wget -x -i link.txt then run a rename loop: for file in * do mv $file $file.txt done to keep the html tags but make the file a text that can be parsed. In each of the 97 txt files the gene # is variable, but the gene is associated... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the GB files in /tmp directory in remote server

Hi, i need help on shell scripting. Main intention of the script is step 1: ssh to remote server Step 2: cd /tmp in remote server Step 3: in tmp i want to grep only files and directories which are in GB sizes All the servers list file is - tmpsrv.txt vi tmpsrv.txt ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
17 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)