Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cross checking two files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cross checking two files Post 302519558 by kevintse on Wednesday 4th of May 2011 09:32:48 AM
Old 05-04-2011
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$0]; next}$0 in a{++c}END{print c}' file1 file2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking for files on ftp...

I have automated my ftp session as given in on of the previous threads as: #! /usr/bin/ksh HOST=remote.host.name USER=whoever PASSWD=whatever exec 4>&1 ftp -nv >&4 2>&4 |& print -p open $HOST print -p user $USER $PASSWD print -p cd directory print -p binary print -p get xyz wait... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jithinravi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to login into another ip and checking for the files

Hi All, Good Day. need one help regarding unix script. i have to check whether the particular file is there or not in another ip address. suppose....there is file in this ip address 2.160.64.130 in particualar location. i have to veify this from another ip adress(Say 2.160.64.131).if the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikumar_n
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

files cross over

I have many files (File 1, File 2, File 3, ...) in same directory. The format of all these files are same. What I would like to do is to combine all these files into a single file via cross over. Example) >>File 1 look like this. f1 01 1.0 f1 02 2.0 f1 03 3.0 f1 04 4.0 f1 05 5.0 f1 06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jae
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking files extension

Hi, I need one line command to display all files that ends with .scr. Example: In a directory I have 10 files, out of that 4 files have filetype extension .dat and 4 files with .scr and 2 files with .txt.... In this i want to display only files that ends with .scr. I tried some commands,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking thorough files and renamingit

hi all am very new to unix scripting..... i have a work right now that i should complete by End of Day :( scenario is i get some x number of files with .csv extension on a specified path at my operating system. the names of the files are as follows . the record lay out is same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk cross-referencing between two files

I need to make my sloppy, existing code (non awk) more efficient and I seem to be terrible with awk :wall: I've tried around quite a bit, maybe you guys can conjure up a quick solution... file1: 2 SOL 563 2 SOL 565 3 SOL 589 2 SOL 603 1 SOL 612 1 SOL 621... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: origamisven
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cross complie linux make files onto a windows 7 machine using PGI Cygwin

Hello, I am very unfamiliar with linux/unix (don't even know the difference), but am trying to get some linux software to run on my Windows machine for my research. I have the makefiles for the software, and it is designed to be compiled in the PGI complier, which I also have. When i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: roba87
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking dir and files!

Hi Guys, I wrote a code which checks for the text and directory. If the path is incorrect than it should echo that particular path not found. I can create a different if statments but I want to do this in just one if statment with the use of "or" (||). I have succssfully executed this code but now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies