Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple version control script for text files Post 302519319 by drl on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 04:59:17 PM
Old 05-03-2011
Hi.

The most simple set of scripts to do version control that I know of was presented in Kernighan and Pike. See post 7 in https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ll-script.html

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Version Control

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my question on Version Control. Anyway, here it is! I use CVS for source code maintainence in my Solaris box. Is there any command where I can find out in CVS, if any check-in/check-out was done in the last 24 hours? I need a listing of all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
3 Replies

2. AIX

Randomly appearing control characters in text files

Hi, From some time, we have noticed that our ascii files have started corrupting due to the presence of some random control characters (^@, ^M, ^H, ^D). The characters appear randomly on any file after the process that creates the file finishes. If we rerun the process, the files re creates... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakashahuja
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script detect to find OS version/flavour

Hi, A newbie question. Following script gives no output. =============================== root@srv # cat /etc/redhat-release | awk {'print $1}' Red root@srv # cat 123.sh if (( `cat /etc/redhat-release | awk {'print $1}'` != CentOS )); then { echo "System runs on Redhat Linux. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Maintaining different version Control account

How can I maintain different version control account(any common unix based version control like CVS,RCS,SCCS..) from a single UNIX Login Account. Many programmers share a common UNIX user/login account.How do they maintain separate Version Control Account. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script editing text files and running commands

Okay this will probably have multiple parts to it but I don't really want to trouble you guys with more help because I'm a total noob so I can just do the first part by hand (it's just editing a few hundred lines of text in a file; I have to do the same thing on each line and I'm sure there's a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Version Control Through the Shell Script

Version Control Through the Shell Script Hi Guys, Apologize for the big request, please take some time and read it completely... This is Very important for me, and ur help is Very much Appriciated. I want to maintain the Version control to all my scripts running in Production server, I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a File for Version Control

Hi , I have to create a file with 3 columns A,B,C. I have to read the column A,B values from a text pad. Where as Column a contains approximately 10 values and column B has 1 value which is constant. Column C is a version control column ,initially the value would be 1. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Inform123
1 Replies

8. Programming

Version control for audit

Hi.I am running some scripts from a "scripts" directory for my job (I am working in Financial industry).For compliance purposes I need to use a "release" directory when running them using some sort of version control(CVS,SVN or GIT) in case the program is audited.Basically I have to maintain a dev... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolleikid
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rename files based on simple text file

Hello! New here although not completely new to Unix. I wonder how I could rename files based on the data found in a simple textfile. It goes like this: I have 4 files 1 ldfgkkfjslkdfjsldkfjsf.wav 2 nndsdflksdjf.wav 3 sdflksjdf jjsdflsdfl.wav 4 dkadsdddd.wav Textfile.txt looks like... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oortone
14 Replies
FIREFOX(1)							Linux User's Manual							FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -height value Set height of startup window to value. -width value Set width of startup window to value. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -contentLocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -no-remote Don't try to control an already running instance. -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -new-window url Open URL in a new window if Firefox is already running. -new-tab url Open URL in a new tab if Firefox is already running. -preferences Open Firefox preferences menu. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. FILES /usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox - firefox executable VERSION
3.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox January 04, 2006 FIREFOX(1)