Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: While loop and IFS?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop and IFS? Post 302519301 by sid22 on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 04:01:28 PM
Old 05-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by purdym
I hope this isn't homework...

The while loop: it loops as long as 1 equals 1 (which is forever) Smilie
lol.. it is not.. i am not asking anyone to do any coding for me Smilie.. just some coding i didnt understand so wanted to clarify.. SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on IFS command!

Hi! I am working in korn shell. I want to reset the dimiliter for the set command to "|" but instead of a command prompt return I am getting something as below After issuing the command I am getting this....as if the shell is expecting something else. Can anybody suggest what's the problem. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udiptya
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding IFS=

hi i am a learner can some explain "export IFS=$(echo "\n\t\a")" i am not able to understand the functionality please help thanks Satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop with 3 ifs

im messing up somehwere...and can't seem to clean up the script...for it to work objectives: 1. check for today's file, and sleep 30 secs between retries 2. only allow 5 tries before script should fail. 3. if today's file found, wait 30 seconds for it to process.. code: count=0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and IFS

Hi, This is out of curiosity: I wanted to extract year, month and date from a variable, and thought that combining read and IFS would help, but this doesn't work: echo "2010 10 12" | read y m d I could extract the parts of the date when separated by a -, and setting IFS in a subshell: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use IFS in this scenario?

Given the scenario like this, if at all if have to use IFS on the below given example, how it should be used. IFS=/ eg: /xyz/123/348/file1 I want to use the last slash /file1 . So can anyone, suggest me how to pick the last "/" as a IFS. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested ifs

hi I keep getting an error with this nested if statement and am getting the error unexpected end of file, can anyone help me as to why this wont execute? #!/bin/bash #script to check wether the -i -v statements run correctly removeFile () { mv $1 $HOME/deleted }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash IFS

I am using bash and resetting IFS as below when reading the command line arguments. I do this so I can call my script as in Ex1. Ex1: ./synt2d-ray3dmod.bash --xsrc=12/20/30 This allows me to split both sides so that when I do "shift" I can get 12/20/30 What I do not understand is... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
21 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to understand IFS

Hi , i am in my initial learning phase of unix. i was going thru the function part. below is the example which was there but i am not able to understand logic and the use of IFS(internal field separator) lspath() { OLDIFS="$IFS" IFS=: for DIR in $PATH ; do echo $DIR ; done IFS="$OLDIFS"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote while IFS

Hello masters of scripting, I've been working to develop some basic monitoring scripts. I have solved one problem, but want to know how to solve the other. I have a script that runs locally to create an output file with the Linux system kernel paramters, preceeded by the system name: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying IFS delimiter in while loop

i have data that is delimited with #x#: file1#x#file2#x#file3 file4#x#file5#x#file6 data is stored in a variable called ALLMYDATA: echo "${ALLMYDATA}" | while IFS="#x#" read -r line junk do echo ${line} done it appears IFS does not allow the specification of more than one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
GLUBEGINTRIM(3G)														  GLUBEGINTRIM(3G)

NAME
gluBeginTrim, gluEndTrim - delimit a NURBS trimming loop definition C SPECIFICATION
void gluBeginTrim( GLUnurbs* nurb ) void gluEndTrim( GLUnurbs* nurb ) PARAMETERS
nurb Specifies the NURBS object (created with gluNewNurbsRenderer). DESCRIPTION
Use gluBeginTrim to mark the beginning of a trimming loop, and gluEndTrim to mark the end of a trimming loop. A trimming loop is a set of oriented curve segments (forming a closed curve) that define boundaries of a NURBS surface. You include these trimming loops in the defini- tion of a NURBS surface, between calls to gluBeginSurface and gluEndSurface. The definition for a NURBS surface can contain many trimming loops. For example, if you wrote a definition for a NURBS surface that resem- bled a rectangle with a hole punched out, the definition would contain two trimming loops. One loop would define the outer edge of the rec- tangle; the other would define the hole punched out of the rectangle. The definitions of each of these trimming loops would be bracketed by a gluBeginTrim/gluEndTrim pair. The definition of a single closed trimming loop can consist of multiple curve segments, each described as a piecewise linear curve (see gluPwlCurve) or as a single NURBS curve (see gluNurbsCurve), or as a combination of both in any order. The only library calls that can appear in a trimming loop definition (between the calls to gluBeginTrim and gluEndTrim) are gluPwlCurve and gluNurbsCurve. The area of the NURBS surface that is displayed is the region in the domain to the left of the trimming curve as the curve parameter increases. Thus, the retained region of the NURBS surface is inside a counterclockwise trimming loop and outside a clockwise trimming loop. For the rectangle mentioned earlier, the trimming loop for the outer edge of the rectangle runs counterclockwise, while the trimming loop for the punched-out hole runs clockwise. If you use more than one curve to define a single trimming loop, the curve segments must form a closed loop (that is, the endpoint of each curve must be the starting point of the next curve, and the endpoint of the final curve must be the starting point of the first curve). If the endpoints of the curve are sufficiently close together but not exactly coincident, they will be coerced to match. If the endpoints are not sufficiently close, an error results (see gluNurbsCallback). If a trimming loop definition contains multiple curves, the direction of the curves must be consistent (that is, the inside must be to the left of all of the curves). Nested trimming loops are legal as long as the curve orientations alternate correctly. If trimming curves are self-intersecting, or intersect one another, an error results. If no trimming information is given for a NURBS surface, the entire surface is drawn. EXAMPLE
This code fragment defines a trimming loop that consists of one piecewise linear curve, and two NURBS curves: gluBeginTrim(nobj); gluPwlCurve(..., GLU_MAP1_TRIM_2); gluNurbsCurve(..., GLU_MAP1_TRIM_2); gluNurbsCurve(..., GLU_MAP1_TRIM_3); gluEndTrim(nobj); SEE ALSO
gluBeginSurface(3G), gluNewNurbsRenderer(3G), gluNurbsCallback(3G), gluNurbsCurve(3G), gluPwlCurve(3G) GLUBEGINTRIM(3G)