Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 9 IP conflict
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 IP conflict Post 302519249 by ningy on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 12:12:57 PM
Old 05-03-2011
Solaris 9 IP conflict

Hi Gurus

I am in a strange situation.

I have a SUN sparc server . The server was having an IP say X..... (this IP X is now being used by another server)..... I have just installed fresh solaris 9 OS on the same server and given new IP say Y.
I also configured probe based IPMP with ce0 and ce1 .
The problem is that when I do if_mpadm -d ce0 , the old IP X appears in the ce0:1 ... So its causing IP conflict with another server which is having the IP X

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Conflict

I host a few websites for friends and lately my server has been bogging down at times. I think that it is because of a dns conflict. Someone said that by doing a nslookup I should be able to see it and then do a pkill -9 in.named and then do in.named to get it going again. Any feedback on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomi39
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Conflict between df -k and du -sk...again

Hi, I know this has been discussed a number of time but i could not get the exact answer. So need help again. Issue: The two command for same file system shows different size. du -sk shows toatl size is 12780685 KB while df -k 45289229 used allocated Kb /oxt/mantran/bin $ du -sk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaya_17
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Conflict with PIDs

I am trying to determine the root cause of a java process that dies trying to startup during it's cron job. I did go ahead and change the time that it starts up in the cron file and now it starts successfully. However is there a way to determine what PID a process was attempting to get when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does 2 scripts running at same use a variable with same name conflict?

All, I have a Bash SFTP script that I run and before I would hardcode the file name. I recently decided to put the filename in a variable called $FILENAME. I had 2 scripts that run at the same time and it seems like in the middle of one of the scripts the variable called the other scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
2 Replies

5. Solaris

IP address conflict

Hi, I am currently working on 2 SPARC-ENTREPRISE T5220 (cluster servers), named SERVER 3A and SERVER 3B. Both servers have their own Ip ADRESS and share 1 Virtual IP adress to share applications....... Both servers are available , but can't communicate together right now. For example, from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conflict with the operator in IF

I am using a script like this source=$1 if ; then echo "got it" else echo "lost it" fi But the script is giving th error like script.ksh: ==: unknown test operator Can i know , is the syntax iam using is correct or suggest me a good way. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
3 Replies

7. Solaris

i have conflict with memory utilization

dear all, kindly i want to check my server memory utilization i used alot of commands but i want to make sure that it is acurate let me explain i have a server which has 32GB RAM Total Memory = 33423360 kb Free Memory = 4172568 kb Utilized Memory = 29250792 kb Memory Utilization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

NIS/RPCBind Conflict!

Hi I am trying to configure NIS client on my Ubuntu 12.04. But I could not put portmap without uninstalling rpcbind. Do I need to have rpcbind there on the server, or how can I have both portmap and rpcbind at same time there on the server, because it's having conflict. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need to find conflict in ports

Hi forum, I've run into a problem here and I can't seem to figure it out. OS=Solaris 10 u11 SPARC. This application (running on a local zone) was having a conflict with a port and I can't seem to find that port listed. (eg 41468) I've tried netstat -an|grep 41468 I am pretty sure this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris LDOM IP conflict

I have a Sun T4-1 running Solaris 11.4 with a static IP 192.168.0.183. On this machine is a Solaris 10 LDOM with a static IP of 192.168.0.78. The other day I had to stop the LDOM to do a memory reconfigure. When I rebooted it I got an error that the IP 192.168.0.78 was already in use and so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
4 Replies
tapset::nfsd(3stap)													       tapset::nfsd(3stap)

NAME
tapset::nfsd - systemtap nfsd tapset DESCRIPTION
nfsd.dispatch NFS server receives an operation from client See probe::nfsd.dispatch(3stap) for details. nfsd.proc.lookup NFS server opening or searching for a file for client See probe::nfsd.proc.lookup(3stap) for details. nfsd.proc.read NFS server reading file for client See probe::nfsd.proc.read(3stap) for details. nfsd.proc.write NFS server writing data to file for client See probe::nfsd.proc.write(3stap) for details. nfsd.proc.commit NFS server performing a commit operation for client See probe::nfsd.proc.commit(3stap) for details. nfsd.proc.create NFS server creating a file for client See probe::nfsd.proc.create(3stap) for details. nfsd.proc.remove NFS server removing a file for client See probe::nfsd.proc.remove(3stap) for details. nfsd.proc.rename NFS Server renaming a file for client See probe::nfsd.proc.rename(3stap) for details. nfsd.open NFS server opening a file for client See probe::nfsd.open(3stap) for details. nfsd.close NFS server closing a file for client See probe::nfsd.close(3stap) for details. nfsd.read NFS server reading data from a file for client See probe::nfsd.read(3stap) for details. nfsd.write NFS server writing data to a file for client See probe::nfsd.write(3stap) for details. nfsd.commit NFS server committing all pending writes to stable storage See probe::nfsd.commit(3stap) for details. nfsd.lookup NFS server opening or searching file for a file for client See probe::nfsd.lookup(3stap) for details. nfsd.create NFS server creating a file(regular,dir,device,fifo) for client See probe::nfsd.create(3stap) for details. nfsd.createv3 NFS server creating a regular file or set file attributes for client See probe::nfsd.createv3(3stap) for details. nfsd.unlink NFS server removing a file or a directory for client See probe::nfsd.unlink(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::nfsd.dispatch(3stap), probe::nfsd.proc.lookup(3stap), probe::nfsd.proc.read(3stap), probe::nfsd.proc.write(3stap), probe::nfsd.proc.commit(3stap), probe::nfsd.proc.create(3stap), probe::nfsd.proc.remove(3stap), probe::nfsd.proc.rename(3stap), probe::nfsd.open(3stap), probe::nfsd.close(3stap), probe::nfsd.read(3stap), probe::nfsd.write(3stap), probe::nfsd.commit(3stap), probe::nfsd.lookup(3stap), probe::nfsd.create(3stap), probe::nfsd.createv3(3stap), probe::nfsd.unlink(3stap), probe::nfsd.rename(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::nfsd(3stap)