Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to view files from a specific date/day Post 302519159 by posix on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 07:11:51 AM
Old 05-03-2011
Use find command
Quote:
$man find

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to view files based on date

I have a UNIX box where in files are created every 5 minutes. I need to write a shell script which will take in the date as parameter and return me all files created on that day. Also I will like it to show me only files which have a size greater than 0 i.e. non-empty files. how do I go abt this? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krahuliyer
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first)

Hi Howto view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first) $ ls -lrt total 4477 -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 569745 Apr 4 19:45 4_person2profileCon.txt.gz.04.04.11* -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 3783 Apr 4 19:45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files for next day of the date entered

i have few files generated everyday with a date stamp. Sometimes it happens that if the files are generated late i.e after 00:00 hrs the date stamp will be of the next day. example: 110123_file1 110123_file2 110123_file3 110124_file4 in the above example file4 is also for the previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to delete files from a specific date?

Guys, I am wondering how to remove files for a specific date in a directory? for instance when I do ls -l , i see many files. And i want to delete files for date May 15: 58252015 May 10 03:45 my_05102012.log 58252015 May 15 06:45 my_05152012.log Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

5. Linux

date of a specific past day

Can I print the date of a specific date? Let say, today is 20 and I want to print in date format the day 14 I know that I can do this: date --date='last Mon' but How can I do this?: date --date='last 14' ?? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kernel_panic
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with specific date

Dear all, kindly i have some files with different dates i need to grep word from these files but i need to search in files with date 2012-12-02 not all files in this directory do u have any command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

View file on previous day

Hi Expert, I am new to UNIX , I am looking for a script which can show me list of file created on previous date within specified directory. Regards, Mack (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackjack
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files for a specific date

Hi, I am looking to find files of a specific date. I am on Sun Solaris so newermt doesnot work.. I thought of using mtime but not getting how to use it. Please help me with this.. Regards Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to view command in history for specific date

hi i want to find a command in history for specific date . is it possible that i can view ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi, I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today. i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command its not working for me. ls -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies
strclean(1M)															      strclean(1M)

NAME
strclean - remove outdated STREAMS error log files SYNOPSIS
logdir] age] DESCRIPTION
cleans the STREAMS error logger directory of log files mm-dd) that contain error messages sent by the STREAMS log driver, strlog(7). If the option is not used to specify another directory, removes error log files in the directory. If the option is not used to specify another age, removes error log files that have not been modified in three days. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Specifies a directory for the location of the STREAMS error log files to be removed if this is not the default directory Specifies a maximum age in days for the STREAMS error log files if this not the default age of 3. The value of age must be an integer greater than or less than 3. EXAMPLES
Remove day-old error log files from a directory called FILES
One or more error log file or files on which operates. The mm-dd in the filename indicates the month and day of the messages con- tained in the file. NLS catalog for SEE ALSO
strerr(1M), strlog(7). strclean(1M)