Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display storage type and storage size Post 302519071 by RolfB on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 01:51:33 AM
Old 05-03-2011
General info:
uname -a

Machine type:
model

or for 11.31:
machinfo

Full listing special devices in /dev catalog:
ioscan -fn

LVM, Volume groups and Logic volumes:
vgdisplay -v

Filsystem and filling:
bdf

Hope this helps.
This User Gave Thanks to RolfB For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check which type of storage is used in unix?

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: aesgs
22 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to check which type of storage is used in unix

how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aesgs
4 Replies
VGSCAN(8)                                                     System Manager's Manual                                                    VGSCAN(8)

NAME
vgscan - scan all disks for volume groups and rebuild caches SYNOPSIS
vgscan [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--mknodes] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
vgscan scans all SCSI, (E)IDE disks, multiple devices and a bunch of other disk devices in the system looking for LVM physical volumes and volume groups. Define a filter in lvm.conf(5) to restrict the scan to avoid a CD ROM, for example. In LVM2, vgscans take place automatically; but you might still need to run one explicitly after changing hardware. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --mknodes Also checks the LVM special files in /dev that are needed for active logical volumes and creates any missing ones and removes unused ones. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgchange(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGSCAN(8)