Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting based on multiple delimiters Post 302519049 by gimley on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 12:10:56 AM
Old 05-03-2011
Hello,
I tested the file and what I get is the message
0 delimiters
followed by the full set of sample test data.
I checked the script abd the syntax shows that the files should be sorted as per number of delimiters.
What has gone wrong ?
I am enclosing the testdata as a zip file.
Many thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a flat file based on multiple colums(using character position)

Hi, I have an urgent task here. I am required to sort a flat file based on multiple columns which are based on the character position in that line. I am restricted to use the character position instead of the space and sort +1 +2 etc to do the sorting. I understand that there is a previous... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucubird
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut based on Two Delimiters at one go

Hi I wanted to cut the feilds comming after % and After $ at one go can we do some thing like this cut -f 2 -d "%|$" (But it doesnot work) Input File BWPG %TCPRP1 $SCSPR000 BWPH %TCPRP1 $SCSPR003 BWPI %TRTYUP ResourceDescription="IMPRIMANTE " $BWOPTY BWPJ %ZOMBIE ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting based on Multiple columns

Hi, I have a requirement whereby I have to sort a flat file based on Multiple Columns (similar to ORDER BY Clause of Oracle). I am getting 10 columns in the flat file and I want the file to be sorted on 1st, 3rd, 4th, 7th and 9th columns in ascending order. The flat file is pipe seperated. Any... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting(both Ascending & Descending) files based on multiple fields

Hi All, I am encountered with a problem while sorting a file based on multiple columns . I need to sort like: (field2,ascending) , (field3,ascending) ,(field8,descending) , (field7,ascending),(field13,ascending). So far i was sorting only in ascending order but here i need to use one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK with multiple delimiters

I have the following string sample: bla bla bla bla bla I would like to extract the "123" using awk. I thought about awk -F"]" '{ print $1 }' but it doesn't work Any ideas ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdub
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting problem: Multiple delimiters, multiple keys

Hello If you wanted to sort a .csv file that was filled with lines like this: <Ticker>,<Date as YYYYMMDD>,<Time as H:M:S>,<Volume>,<Corr> (H : , M, S: ) by date, does anybody know of a better solution than to turn the 3rd and 4th colons of every line into commas, sorting on four keys,... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan.
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatinating the lines based on number of delimiters

Hi, I have a problem to concatenate the lines based on number of delimiters (if the delimiter count is 9 then concatenate all the fields & remove the new line char bw delimiters and then write the following data into second line) in a file. my input file content is Title| ID| Owner|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bi.infa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

treating multiple delimiters[solved]

Hi, I need to display the last column value in the below o/p. sam2 PS 03/10/11 0 441 Unable to get o/p with this awk code awk -F"+" '{ print $4 }' pwdchk.txt I need to display 441(in this eg.) and also accept it as a variable to treat it with if condition and take a decision.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple delimiters

Hi Folks, This is the first time I ever encountered this situation My input file is of this kind cat input.txt 1 PAIXAF 0 1 1 -9 0 0 0 1 2 0 2 1 2 1 7 PAIXEM 0 7 1 -9 1 0 2 0 1 2 2 1 0 2 9 PAKZXY 0 2 1 -9 2 0 1 1 1 0 1 2 0 1 Till the sixth column (which is -9), I want my columns to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Columns before the last Column based on the Count of Delimiters

Hi, I have a requirement where in I need to insert delimiters before the last column of the total delimiters is less than a specified number. Say if the delimiters is less than 139, I need to insert 2 columns ( with blanks) before the last field awk -F 'Ç' '{ if (NF-1 < 139)} END { "Insert 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
5 Replies
ZIPMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ZIPMERGE(1)

NAME
zipmerge - merge zip archives SYNOPSIS
zipmerge [-DhIiSsV] target-zip source-zip Op source-zip ... DESCRIPTION
zipmerge merges the source zip archives source-zip into the target zip archive target-zip. By default, files in the source zip archives overwrite existing files of the same name in the target zip archive. Supported options: -D Ignore directory components in file name comparisons. -h Display a short help message and exit. -I Ignore case in file name comparisons -i Ask before overwriting files. See also -s. -S Do not overwrite files that have the same size and CRC32 in both the source and target archives. -s When -i is given, do not before overwriting files that have the same size and CRC32. -V Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
zipmerge exits 0 on success and 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
zipcmp(1), ziptorrent(1), libzip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH June 4, 2008 ZIPMERGE(1)