Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ls | grep (i dont know what to put here) Post 302519044 by kevincobain2000 on Monday 2nd of May 2011 11:56:48 PM
Old 05-03-2011
Thank you for your reply but I will use this one:

PHP Code:
ls xargs file grep 'text' 
looks like sweet and neat
as I only want to display the file of type text.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put "grep" in the if condition..

i need a favour if ( grep -i adding mpg* | grep -iv equation | ls -ctr | tail -1 ) # if it is not found echo "log couldnot find " else var='grep -i adding mpg* | grep -iv equation | ls -ctr | tail -1' for the above i am struggling with syntax could someone please help me in that (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the output of grep in a variable

Hi, in a shell script how can I put the result of a grep command in a variable : myvariable=grep mystring myfilename Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command is not working when put into cron

Hi, I worte a script which runs perfect when i execute it manually. But when i scheduled into cron the grep command alone is not working. the sample script, /usr/bin/grep FTP $subfile > /tmp/tfsrec.dat tfs=`echo $?` if then echo "FTP FOUND" else echo "FTP NOT FOUND" Where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiru_cs
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings from file and put in Column

Dear Experts, My file contains below- GET:SUB:ISI,432350414557432; RESP:0:MD,019352020633:ISI,432350414557432:T11,1:T21,1:T22,1:B16,1:T62,1:BAIC,0:BAOC,1:BOIC,0:BIRO,0:BORO,0:PAID,1; GET:SUB:ISI,432350414581060;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps avg | grep ? filter the desired out put.

Hi Folk, Following is the command I used to get data related to the DataFlowEngine. I wanted to know the % usage of cpu and memory. ps avg | grep Data This command will show the processes with its PID as : PID TTY STAT TIME PGIN SIZE RSS LIM TSIZ TRS %CPU %MEM COMMAND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns from a file if the name dont exist put blank

Hi, I am very new to Unix script. Suppose i have a file with column header: NAME1 NAME2 Address Tel And I always need to make a file with column header: ID NAME1 NAME2 EMail Address Tel For the columns that do not exist in the file, I would still like to make a column with blank. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightrider
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use grep sed or awk to extract string from log file and put into CSV

I'd like to copy strings from a log file and put them into a CSV. The strings could be on different line numbers, depending on size of log. Example Log File: File = foo.bat Date = 11/11/11 User = Foo Bar Size = 1024 ... CSV should look like: "foo.bat","11/11/11","Foo Bar","1024" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the last line and put on mail subject

I have mail: cat /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt | mail -s "$TODAY: PROD DB Size" $RECIPIENTS I like to get and put USED_GB and %USED of the very last row from /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt. /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt has : DATE TIME TOTAL_GB USED_GB ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
6 Replies
PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3) 						 1						   PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)

php_strip_whitespace - Return source with stripped comments and whitespace

SYNOPSIS
string php_strip_whitespace (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Returns the PHP source code in $filename with PHP comments and whitespace removed. This may be useful for determining the amount of actual code in your scripts compared with the amount of comments. This is similar to using php -w from the commandline. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the PHP file. RETURN VALUES
The stripped source code will be returned on success, or an empty string on failure. Note This function works as described as of PHP 5.0.1. Before this it would only return an empty string. For more information on this bug and its prior behavior, see bug report #29606. EXAMPLES
Example #1 php_strip_whitespace(3) example <?php // PHP comment here /* * Another PHP comment */ echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); // Newlines are considered whitespace, and are removed too: do_nothing(); ?> The above example will output: <?php echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); do_nothing(); ?> Notice the PHP comments are gone, as are the whitespace and newline after the first echo statement. PHP Documentation Group PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)