Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ssh connection keep disconected , how to find way? in CentOs vmware Post 302518987 by pludi on Monday 2nd of May 2011 05:13:25 PM
Old 05-02-2011
Are you inactive during that time? Did you install any updates? Has the virtualization software been updated?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect without getting disconected

hey do some one know whats wrong cause when i try to play all server list are crowded do some one know how i can connect without getting disconected? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daryldave
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris10 on vmware - Internet connection failed

Installed Sun Solaris 10 (5/09) on vmware 6.0 but system is not connecting to internet. when I check "ipconfig /all" I do not get any DNS Suffix name -- neither for vmnet1 and vmnet8 nor for local ethernet IP. Default gateways are 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 1. Created /etc/resolv.conf domain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnjerry
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

postfix connection timed out issue on centOS

hello everyone i hav LITTLE issue, pending for just last week regarding postfix/sendmail server. M not able to forward mail to outer domain. I hav not configured DNS server uptill now, so nvr tried to receive mail from any domain, as i don require that as of now. Can anybody suggest a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle.test2
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

can't ping to my VMWare CentOs after seting host name

Im using CentOs 5.5 , i tried to change the host name to be for example my_server_1 , according to the web i changed the /etc/sysconf/network to look like this : NETWORKING=yes NETWORKING_IPV6=no #HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain HOSTNAME=my_server_1 and changed the hosts file to look like this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

VMware View Client Connection Issues

I installed the VMware View Client for Linux in Ubuntu and whenever I try and connect I recieve: Untrusted View Connection: Failed to connect to the View Connection Server. The server provided an invalid certificate. The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect. Having access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

[Solved] Ssh and scp between two vmware Ubuntu

Hello, Please, I would like to connect a VM to another: I typed as follows: ssh root@192.168.1.4 root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied, please try again. root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied, please try again. root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)						systemd-detect-virt					    SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)

NAME
systemd-detect-virt - Detect execution in a virtualized environment SYNOPSIS
systemd-detect-virt [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-detect-virt detects execution in a virtualized environment. It identifies the virtualization technology and can distinguish full VM virtualization from container virtualization. When executed without --quiet will print a short identifier for the detected virtualization technology. The following technologies are currently identified: qemu, kvm, vmware, microsoft, oracle, xen, bochs, chroot, uml, openvz, lxc, lxc-libvirt, systemd-nspawn. If multiple virtualization solutions are used, only the "innermost" is detected and identified. That means if both VM virtualization and container virtualization are used in conjunction, only the latter will be identified (unless --vm is passed). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --version Prints a short version string and exits. -c, --container Only detects container virtualization (i.e. shared kernel virtualization). -v, --vm Only detects VM virtualization (i.e. full hardware virtualization). -q, --quiet Suppress output of the virtualization technology identifier. EXIT STATUS
If a virtualization technology is detected, 0 is returned, a non-zero code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)