Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Single mode on T1000 machine
Operating Systems Solaris Single mode on T1000 machine Post 302518979 by getrue on Monday 2nd of May 2011 04:58:18 PM
Old 05-02-2011
I installed this server before. I know jumpstart installation. If I prepare jumpstart infrastructure how can I switch to single mode?
Jumpstart server will start to install whento find this server.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Single user mode

Hi all, Well back at work and back to crashing systems again :-) Does anyone know where I can find some decent information on single user mode? I need to be able to fix a few things. Don't know if it's possible in single user mode but I need to fix the "etc/vfstab" mainly I re-wrote it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single-user mode

how do you boot into single user mode? RedHat 7.1 Caldera 2.4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorro81
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

Is there another way of switching to single user mode except by typing /usr/sbin/shutdown 0 ??? :rolleyes: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

How to diable the single user mode.. what i want is dat my users are unable to boot in single user mode via GRUB.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.jss
1 Replies

5. AIX

Boot in Single-Mode

Hi All, I have AIX 5.1 & I forgot the root password. I find out the solution is to boot in single-mode and remove the root password from the /etc/passwd file. My question is how to boot in single-mode? Also is there any password required when booting in this mode? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Single user mode?

How to enter single user mode when UNIX/LINUX system is starting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gkreddy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Machine is booting to maintenance mode.

I had a power failure the other day and when my relatively new Solaris 10 machine rebooted it is thrown into maintenance mode. I've found the following lines in the /var/adm/messages file, I'm assuming this is the root cause of the problem. However, I don't have the slightest idea on how to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between single line mode and multiline mode in Regular expressions?

Hi All, Can please let me know what is the difference between the single line mode and multi line mode in regular expresions? Thanks, Chidhambaram B (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Single user mode

Hi all I am new on sun OS. I have have little experience on linux. The Story start from this point: I want to put some script on start-up the terminal, but I cant do that. my shell was sh and I tried so much to find way to do that. at last someone said to me change your shell to bash. I ask how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahim_T
4 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_alom - Fence agent for Sun ALOM DESCRIPTION
fence_alom is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with ALOM connected machines. fence_alom accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_alom can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.sun.com PARAMETERS
-o, --action=<action> Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -a, --ip=<ip> IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=<name> Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=<password> Login password or passphrase -S, --password-script=<script> Script to retrieve password -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: true) -k, --identity-file=<filename> Identity file for ssh -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -u, --ipport=<port> TCP port to use for connection with device -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=<debugfile> Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit --power-timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase passwd_script Script to retrieve password secure SSH connection (Default Value: true) identity_file Identity file for ssh inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only ipport TCP port to use for connection with device verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_alom (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)