Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Question (pthread): How to Signal all threads w/o "broadcast"? Post 302518967 by mobility on Monday 2nd of May 2011 04:12:53 PM
Old 05-02-2011
Lightbulb Question (pthread): How to Signal all threads w/o "broadcast"?

Hello all,

Is there any way that I can signal (wake) all threads that I have created without using pthread_cond_broadcast?

Cheers!
Aaron

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Strange error "host: isc_taskmgr_create: no available threads"

Dear Srs, I'm getting this error on a Linux box, running Apache 2.0.52: "host: isc_taskmgr_create: no available threads" Making some search for those strings in Google, didn't tell me anything about this.. appears to be related to SELinux, but it's disabled in the box. Any idea about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 install issue - "Caught Signal 11"

Rebuilding a server (T2000) from a flash archive I created on another server. Using a Solaris 10/08 DVD to boot from the was going to point it tot he flash archive and pull it over NFS. I've done this many times with success until now. It initially boots off the DVD, you input the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Probos
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Trap signal on Window Manager "X" button clicked?

Well, my first post... thanks in advance! Can applications be notified of the X Window close (with "X" button) so the signal handler can run a cleanup process method? About the app: built with GNU C/C++ on Solaris 10, with WxWidgets. It is launched by a shell script as a background task. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HandsOGold
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 "Exiting (caught signal 11)"

I get an error after the initializing screen. I am using a DVD/ROM to boot up the installation on a Dell Inspiron 1520. Segmentation fault - core dumped. I have tried to restart multiple times. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimasaurus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
pthread_cond_signal(3T) 												   pthread_cond_signal(3T)

NAME
pthread_cond_signal(), pthread_cond_broadcast() - unblock one or all threads waiting on a condition variable SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
cond Pointer to the condition variable to be signaled or broadcast. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to wake-up one of the threads that are waiting for the occurrence of a condition associated with condition variable cond. If there are no threads blocked on cond, this function has no effect. If more than one thread is blocked on cond, the scheduling policy determines which thread is unblocked. It is possible that more than one thread can be unblocked due to a spurious wakeup. The function is used to wake-up all threads that are waiting for the occurrence of a condition associated with the condition variable cond. If there are no threads blocked on cond, this function has no effect. If more than one thread is blocked on cond, the scheduling policy determines the order in which threads are unblocked. The condition variabled denoted by cond must have been dynamically initialized by a call to or statically initialized with the macro An unblocked thread will reacquire the mutex it held when it started the condition wait before returning from or The threads that are unblocked contend for the mutex according to their scheduling policy and priority. The or functions can be called by a thread whether or not it currently owns the condition variable's associated mutex. For predictable scheduling behavior and to prevent lost wake-ups, the mutex should be held when signaling a condition variable. Usage When using condition variables, there is a boolean predicate associated with each condition wait. If this predicate is false, the thread should do a condition wait. Spurious wakeups may occur when waiting on a condition variable. Because the return values from and do not imply anything about the value of this predicate, the predicate should always be re-evaluated. Applications using condition variables typically acquire a mutex and enter a loop which checks the predicate. Depending on the value of the predicate, the thread either breaks out of the loop or waits on the condition. On return from the condition wait, the predicate is re- evaluated. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] cond is not a valid condition variable. [EFAULT] cond parameter points to an illegal address. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_cond_init(3T), pthread_cond_wait(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_cond_signal(3T)