Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help to resolve the below script Post 302518921 by Skrynesaver on Monday 2nd of May 2011 11:56:32 AM
Old 05-02-2011
perhaps you should run
Code:
base64

on the xls file (mail is a 7-bit protocol and so a binary file such as an XLS should never be attached directly but rather the attachment should be
Code:
$(base64 $path_to_spreadsheet)

This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Cannot Resolve Host Name

I am running LexMark MarkNetPro-3 print servers on my AIX network. All of the sudden, none of my printers will print anymore. I am getting an error message on the console: Unable to resolve host name. This message comes up everytime a user submits a print job. Any Ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do u resolve this????

Please help me on how to resolve: 1-unresponsive terminals 2-unresponsive applications 3-how to interrupt processe p.s unix/linux OS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zizu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolve a Variable

Hi I have a variable which is a path ie: UBERROR=/cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/wrk/../error is there anyway I can get the output of an echo to read: #echo $UBERROR /cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/error instead of #echo $UBERROR /cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/wrk/../error Many thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

please resolve the below problem

#!/bin/sh # 'clear' for i in $(seq -w 15 37) do echo $i echo The content in Z Z=`wget --dns-timeout=0.001 http://napdweb${i}.eao.abn-iad.ea.com:8000/webcore/test/test.jsp` echo $Z A="Connection timed out." echo The content in A echo $A expr "$A" : '..\(...\)' echo $A done ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerumahanthi41
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please resolve it

#!/bin/sh# 'clear'for i in $(seq -w 15 37)doecho $iecho The content in ZZ=`wget --dns-timeout=0.001 http://napdweb${i}.eao.abn-iad.ea.co.../test/test.jsp`echo $ZA="Connection timed out."echo The content in Aecho $Aexpr "$A" : '..\(...\)'echo $Adone Hi,Please see the above program. The above... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerumahanthi41
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resolve IP to Hostname?

Good day, I would like to resolve IP's to Hostnames using Putty. I'm using Mandriva Linux 2008.0. Is this possible? Perhaps with nmap? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: McGuywer
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter out IP addresses in domain resolve script

Hello everyone, I have written a one liner which looks in a configuration file for remote hosts to connect to. It then resolves them by first ping, and nslookup if it fails, then places the info in the hosts file. The whole thing works, seemingly, apart from one slight issue. I would like to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot resolve $variable in awk

My script ---------- for i in `cat n`;do export k=`echo "CSN: "$i` //combining CSN: and value from n echo "$k" awk ''{print "CSN: "$0;}'{_=29}_&&_--' file1|tail -1 >> file2 done In the above script i cannot able to resolve $k in awk command file n contains ------------ 0000 1111 2222... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohana29_1988
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How and What should I read/study to can resolve this script?

Hello everyone, I am a newbie on the world Shell Script. I just can build some scripts basically with the command which I used on the terminal. With the part algorithmic I don't have problem, but some functionality I can't and didn't know how around the situation. I have the file .txt with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: enodev
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Could not resolve ip through DNS

Dear all , Very recently our DNS server ip got changed. I have entered the DNS ip in /etc/resolv.conf ...but I could not resolv it for my ip address. Verified that , the IP is added in the DNS also. It is still working with the old DNS ip. Please let me know what could be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
11 Replies
sasl_encode64(3SASL)			      Simple Authentication Security Layer Library Functions			      sasl_encode64(3SASL)

NAME
sasl_encode64 - encode base64 string SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lsasl [ library ... ] #include <sasl/saslutil.h> int sasl_encode64(const char *in, unsigned inlen, char *out, unsigned outmax, unsigned *outlen); DESCRIPTION
Use the sasl_encode64() interface to convert an octet string into a base64 string. This routine is useful for SASL profiles that use base64, such as the IMAP (IMAP4) and POP (POP_AUTH) profiles. The output is null-terminated. If outlen is non-NULL, the length is placed in the outlen. PARAMETERS
in Input data. inlen The length of the input data. out The output data. The value of out can be the same as in. However, there must be enough space. outlen The length of the actual output. outmax The maximum size of the output buffer. RETURN VALUES
sasl_encode64() returns an integer that corresponds to a SASL error code. ERRORS
SASL_OK The call to sasl_encode64() was successful. SASL_BUFOVER The output buffer was too small. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibsasl | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sasl_errors(3SASL), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 16 Sep 2003 sasl_encode64(3SASL)