Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ssh connection keep disconected , how to find way? in CentOs vmware Post 302518913 by pingmeback on Monday 2nd of May 2011 11:33:49 AM
Old 05-02-2011
Does it fail to authenticate?
Does it disconnect after successful authentication?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect without getting disconected

hey do some one know whats wrong cause when i try to play all server list are crowded do some one know how i can connect without getting disconected? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daryldave
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris10 on vmware - Internet connection failed

Installed Sun Solaris 10 (5/09) on vmware 6.0 but system is not connecting to internet. when I check "ipconfig /all" I do not get any DNS Suffix name -- neither for vmnet1 and vmnet8 nor for local ethernet IP. Default gateways are 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 1. Created /etc/resolv.conf domain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnjerry
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

postfix connection timed out issue on centOS

hello everyone i hav LITTLE issue, pending for just last week regarding postfix/sendmail server. M not able to forward mail to outer domain. I hav not configured DNS server uptill now, so nvr tried to receive mail from any domain, as i don require that as of now. Can anybody suggest a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle.test2
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

can't ping to my VMWare CentOs after seting host name

Im using CentOs 5.5 , i tried to change the host name to be for example my_server_1 , according to the web i changed the /etc/sysconf/network to look like this : NETWORKING=yes NETWORKING_IPV6=no #HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain HOSTNAME=my_server_1 and changed the hosts file to look like this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

VMware View Client Connection Issues

I installed the VMware View Client for Linux in Ubuntu and whenever I try and connect I recieve: Untrusted View Connection: Failed to connect to the View Connection Server. The server provided an invalid certificate. The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect. Having access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

[Solved] Ssh and scp between two vmware Ubuntu

Hello, Please, I would like to connect a VM to another: I typed as follows: ssh root@192.168.1.4 root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied, please try again. root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied, please try again. root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
pam_authenticate(3PAM)					       PAM Library Functions					    pam_authenticate(3PAM)

NAME
pam_authenticate - perform authentication within the PAM framework SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lpam [ library ... ] #include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_authenticate(pam_handle_t *pamh, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The pam_authenticate() function is called to authenticate the current user. The user is usually required to enter a password or similar authentication token depending upon the authentication service configured within the system. The user in question should have been speci- fied by a prior call to pam_start() or pam_set_item(). The following flags may be set in the flags field: PAM_SILENT Authentication service should not generate any messages. PAM_DISALLOW_NULL_AUTHTOK The authentication service should return PAM_AUTH_ERR if the user has a null authentication token. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, PAM_SUCCESS is returned. In addition to the error return values described in pam(3PAM), the following values may be returned: PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication failure. PAM_CRED_INSUFFICIENT Cannot access authentication data due to insufficient credentials. PAM_AUTHINFO_UNAVAIL Underlying authentication service cannot retrieve authentication information. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known to the underlying authentication module. PAM_MAXTRIES An authentication service has maintained a retry count which has been reached. No further retries should be attempted. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pam(3PAM), pam_open_session(3PAM), pam_set_item(3PAM), pam_setcred(3PAM), pam_start(3PAM), libpam(3LIB), attributes(5) NOTES
In the case of authentication failures due to an incorrect username or password, it is the responsibility of the application to retry pam_authenticate() and to maintain the retry count. An authentication service module may implement an internal retry count and return an error PAM_MAXTRIES if the module does not want the application to retry. If the PAM framework cannot load the authentication module, then it will return PAM_ABORT. This indicates a serious failure, and the application should not attempt to retry the authentication. For security reasons, the location of authentication failures is hidden from the user. Thus, if several authentication services are stacked and a single service fails, pam_authenticate() requires that the user re-authenticate each of the services. A null authentication token in the authentication database will result in successful authentication unless PAM_DISALLOW_NULL_AUTHTOK was specified. In such cases, there will be no prompt to the user to enter an authentication token. The interfaces in libpam are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multithreaded application uses its own PAM handle. SunOS 5.11 27 Jan 2005 pam_authenticate(3PAM)