Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HEX to DEC Conversion Error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HEX to DEC Conversion Error Post 302518903 by jim mcnamara on Monday 2nd of May 2011 11:00:59 AM
Old 05-02-2011
use 8F (capital letters)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hex data conversion

Dear friends, I have hexadecimal data like this. now i want to read each letter and convert to decimal format. for example.: from the below data first i have to read hex data 0 and convert to 4 bit decimal value ie 0000. similarly second letter 8 decimal value is 1000. like this.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hex Conversion

I need to have my scripts import volume groups and mknod devices files. I have most of the script working but the device file needs to be in the format 0x??0000 (where the question marks are my HEX representations of the volume group number. I have the code below and the output it produces which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting hex to dec

Hi Experts, I have a file called "hex" which contains info like below How do i convert everything in this file to decimal value? Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Convert Hex value to Dec ?

Hi All, I want to convert below Hex value to Dec value in each column .How to do it ? This data is in a 1 file. 4e20 0475 2710 010f 7530 69a2 7530 7e2f 4e20 02dd 7530 6299 4e20 0c0a 7530 69a2 4e20 0a0b 2710 0048 7530 7955 4e20 0d23 7530 622d 7530 9121 2710 001f 7530 7d3f (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nayanajith
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion from EBCDIC to HEX

Hello, Is there any utility around able to deal with the conversion of some EBCDIC coded string into an hexadecimal value? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal to hex conversion

Dear All PROs Thanks in advance need a shell for Decimal to hex conversion input file (decimal values) 65,5,48,66,133,131,118,47 65,5,48,66,133,131,83,63 . . desire output should be (Hex value)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
11 Replies

7. Programming

Hex string conversion?

Hello all. I need help... How can I cenvert this 42ec93df826c804ea531c56594db453d54daad4b to normal text? What convertor I have to use? Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: escudo
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEX to DEC Conversion

I'm trying to convert hex to dec and with the help of output i need to do the process. If i execute the below code assetValue=8f assetNavigation=$(echo "ibase=16; "$assetValue"" | bc) echo $assetNavigation i'm getting the error below $ sh script.sh (standard_in) 1: syntax error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How add 0 in hex conversion?

Hi, Got the below code in this forum, for i in `cat test`; do printf "%16s\n" $(echo "ibase=10;obase=16;$i" | bc) done Understand, this will not give output with '0'. Need help to get the output with '0'. Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert dec to hex in python?

When I try to convert big numbers I get extra numbers at the end that doesn't move plus an L character too. How to remove the 4 extra characters at the end 000L? 8b8dbbc584d9c000L 8b8dc4ddd34c6000L 8b8dcdf621bf0000L 8b8dd70e7031a000L 8b8de026bea44000L #!/usr/bin/python ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
9 Replies
lifinit(1)						      General Commands Manual							lifinit(1)

NAME
lifinit - write LIF volume header on file SYNOPSIS
nnn] nnn] string] nnn] nnn] nnn] file DESCRIPTION
writes a LIF volume header on a volume or file. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments which can appear in any order: Sets volume size to nnn bytes. If nnn is not a multiple of 256, it is rounded down to the next such multiple. Sets directory size to nnn file entries. If nnn is not an integer multiple of 8, it is rounded up to next such multiple. Sets the volume name to be string. If the option is not specified, the volume name is set to the last component of the path name specified by file. A legal LIF volume name is 6 characters long and is limited to uppercase letters (A-Z), digits (0-9) and the underscore character (_). The first character (if any) must be a letter. The utility automatically performs translation to create legal LIF volume names. Therefore, all lowercase letters are converted to uppercase, and all other characters except numeric and underscore are replaced with a capital letter If the volume name does not start with a letter, the volume name is preceded by a capital letter The volume name is also right-padded with spaces or truncated as needed to be six characters long. If is used with no string, the default volume name is set to 6 spaces. set the initial system load (ISL) start address to nnn in the volume label. This is useful when building boot media for Series 700/800 systems. specifies the length in bytes of the ISL code in the LIF volume. set the ISL entry point to nnn bytes from the beginning of the ISL. For example, specifying means that the ISL entry point is 3272 (decimal) bytes from the beginning of the ISL object module. forces the directory start location to be the nearest multiple of nnn x 1024 bytes from the beginning of the volume. This is necessary for booting Series 700/800 systems from LIF media. If file does not exist, a regular HP-UX disk file is created and initialized. The default values for volume size are 256 kilobytes for regular files, and the actual capacity of the device for device files. The default directory size is a function of the volume size. A percentage of the volume size is allocated to the volume directory as fol- lows: | Volume Size | Directory Size ------------+---------------- < 2MB | ~1.3% > 2MB | ~0.5% Each directory entry occupies 32 bytes of storage. The actual directory space is subject to the rounding rules stated above. RETURN VALUE
returns exit code 0 if the volume is initialized successfully. Otherwise it prints a diagnostic message and returns nonzero. EXAMPLES
Initialize file to be a LIF volume containing 500000 bytes with 10 directory file entries: Initialize device as a LIF volume using default initialization conditions (device must not be a mounted file system device): WARNINGS
To prevent media corruption, do not terminate lifinit once it has started executing. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
lifcp(1), lifls(1), lifrename(1), lifrm(1), lif(4). lifinit(1)