Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming writing to file is not readable by user Post 302518829 by naresh046 on Monday 2nd of May 2011 06:39:13 AM
Old 05-02-2011
Check out the modes you have specified.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Core file without a readable stack trace

I am using gdb to examine a core file but the output contains only the method addresses in hex. Is there anyway to translate these addresses to a human-readable form? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciregbu
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

file in malibox is readable format?

Hi, Files coming to mailbox are in readable format? Is there any special command to read these files. suppose i have sent a file like this megh$mailx -s "mesg" xyz@server.domain<file1.dat can xyz directly read the file from his mailbox? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting binary file to readable format in Ksh

In Unix/Ksh, when I try to look inside a file it says that the file may be a binary file and if I want to see it anyway. When i say 'yes', it shows me the content filled with unreadable symbols (looks like binary). Is there a command that I can run from the Unix prompt to convert/translate that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthurs
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make user's qutoa in human readable format?

$ quota Disk quotas for user cqlouis (uid 1254): Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace /dev/sdb1 64 300000 320000 8 0 0 $ I want to make the output of command quota in human readable format? How to? As we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check whether file is readable or not in ksh

i want to check the readability of a file inside the script. when i use if then echo the file "$sourcef" is not readable else echo something fi i am getting the error : f: unknown test operator when i tried to check the availability with if i was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file is not readable by anyone except the owner?

All, I have a script where I get a filename as input and do some processing with the file that I got as input. Requirement: Now I have a requirement where I need to check the following: If either of this goes wrong, the script should pop out a warning message. I tried searching the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file is readable by others

hi all, in ksh script how do i detect if a file is readable by others ?? thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing to User-Specified File

Hi, I'm writing an awk script to remove redundant XML data. I plan on running the script with the following line: cat xmlFile.xml | awk -f scriptFile I want the user to be able to choose the filename that the slimmed down XML code is written to. All of the writing to the slimmed-file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeg90
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I make this file readable/printable?

When I do the file I get ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped I am almost 100% sure I was able to print a readable version of this file in the past but I cannot remember how. Is it possible to convert this file into something that can be read and or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsanchez
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX timestamp to readable format in the file

Hello I have a file : file1.txt with the below contents : 237176 test1 test2 1442149024 237138 test3 test4 1442121300 237171 test5 test7 1442112823 237145 test9 test10 1442109600 In the above file fourth field represents the timestamp in Unix format. I found a command which converts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies
GRUB-FILE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRUB-FILE(1)

NAME
grub-file -- Check if FILE is of specified type. SYNOPSIS
grub-file (--is-i386-xen-pae-domu | --is-x86_64-xen-domu | --is-x86-xen-dom0 | --is-x86-multiboot | --is-x86-multiboot2 | --is-arm-linux | --is-arm64-linux | --is-ia64-linux | --is-mips-linux | --is-mipsel-linux | --is-sparc64-linux | --is-powerpc-linux | --is-x86-linux | --is-x86-linux32 | --is-x86-kfreebsd | --is-i386-kfreebsd | --is-x86_64-kfreebsd | --is-x86-knetbsd | --is-i386-knetbsd | --is-x86_64-knetbsd | --is-i386-efi | --is-x86_64-efi | --is-ia64-efi | --is-arm64-efi | --is-arm-efi | --is-hibernated-hiberfil | --is-x86_64-xnu | --is-i386-xnu | --is-xnu-hibr | --is-x86-bios-bootsector) FILE DESCRIPTION
grub-file is used to check if FILE is of a specified type. OPTIONS
--is-i386-xen-pae-domu Check if FILE can be booted as i386 PAE Xen unprivileged guest kernel --is-x86_64-xen-domu Check if FILE can be booted as x86_64 Xen unprivileged guest kernel --is-x86-xen-dom0 Check if FILE can be used as Xen x86 privileged guest kernel --is-x86-multiboot Check if FILE can be used as x86 multiboot kernel --is-x86-multiboot2 Check if FILE can be used as x86 multiboot2 kernel --is-arm-linux Check if FILE is ARM Linux --is-arm64-linux Check if FILE is ARM64 Linux --is-ia64-linux Check if FILE is IA64 Linux --is-mips-linux Check if FILE is MIPS Linux --is-mipsel-linux Check if FILE is MIPSEL Linux --is-sparc64-linux Check if FILE is SPARC64 Linux --is-powerpc-linux Check if FILE is POWERPC Linux --is-x86-linux Check if FILE is x86 Linux --is-x86-linux32 Check if FILE is x86 Linux supporting 32-bit protocol --is-x86-kfreebsd Check if FILE is x86 kFreeBSD --is-i386-kfreebsd Check if FILE is i386 kFreeBSD --is-x86_64-kfreebsd Check if FILE is x86_64 kFreeBSD --is-x86-knetbsd Check if FILE is x86 kNetBSD --is-i386-knetbsd Check if FILE is i386 kNetBSD --is-x86_64-knetbsd Check if FILE is x86_64 kNetBSD --is-i386-efi Check if FILE is i386 EFI file --is-x86_64-efi Check if FILE is x86_64 EFI file --is-ia64-efi Check if FILE is IA64 EFI file --is-arm64-efi Check if FILE is ARM64 EFI file --is-arm-efi Check if FILE is ARM EFI file --is-hibernated-hiberfil Check if FILE is hiberfil.sys in hibernated state --is-x86_64-xnu Check if FILE is x86_64 XNU (Mac OS X kernel) --is-i386-xnu Check if FILE is i386 XNU (Mac OS X kernel) --is-xnu-hibr Check if FILE is XNU (Mac OS X kernel) hibernated image --is-x86-bios-bootsector Check if FILE is BIOS bootsector SEE ALSO
info grub Web Feb 26 2014 GRUB-FILE(1)