Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to append blank line in multiple files in unix Post 302518780 by kevintse on Monday 2nd of May 2011 12:16:37 AM
Old 05-02-2011

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix mail with blank line on variable

I am testing a ksh script for email. In the subject/content of the mail there is some dynamic variables like date and charges. However these variables occupied the entire line erase other in that particular line For e.g. there is a mail message: This mail is intent... Your total... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji.rengaraj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple search separated by blank line

hi all I want to get multiple search that are separated by blank line according to first search in text file eg: egrep 'x|Y|Z' file in that for each x...it should be seperated by blank line will u pls help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: removing blank lines from multiple files

Hi Guru's , I have a whole bunch of files in /var/tmp that i need to strip any blank lines from, so ive written the following script to identify the lines (which works perfectly).. but i wanted to know, how can I actually strip the identified lines from the actual source files ?? my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with shell script to append to the end of a specific line in a file on multiple servers

Hi Folks, I was given a task to append three IP's at the end of a specific (and unique) line within a file on multiple servers. I was not able to do that with the help of a script. All I could was: for i in server1 server2 server3 server4 do ssh $i done I know 'sed' could be used to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append multiple lines to the last line of a file

Hello, This is what I am trying to achieve: file1 a b c d file2 e f g h (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarones
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX append field with comparing fields from multiple column

I have a csv dump from sql server that needs to be converted so it can be feed to another program. I already sorted on field 1 but there are multiple columns with same field 1 where it needs to be compared against and if it is same then append field 5. i.e from ANG SJ,0,B,LC22,LC22(0) BAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nike27
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Multiple files with file name in the beginning of line

Hi, I have multiple files having many lines like as bvelow: file Name a.txt abc def def xyz 123 5678 file Name b.txt abc def def xyz 123 5678 I would like to append files in the below format to a new file: file Name c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append data by looking up 2 tables for multiple files

I want to lookup values from two different tables based on common columns and append. The trick is the column to be looked up is not fixed and varies , so it has to be detected from the header. How can I achieve this at once, for multiple data files, but lookup tables fixed. The two lookup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print blank line between files

I have an AWK command that goes like this: awk '/from BOITE_AUX_LETTRES/,/end-procedure|END-PROCEDURE|end-select|END-SELECT/ {print FILENAME,FNR,$0}' *prp I get my results as follows: ZKELEXTV2.prp 16 from BOITE_AUX_LETTRES(#num_lettre) ZKELEXTV2.prp 23 LET $CONDEXTR = ' where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to append multiple text files into one file based on pattern present in filaname

Hi All-I am new to Unix , I need to write a script. Can someone help me with a requirement where I have list of files in a directory, I want to Merge the files if a pattern of string matches in filenames? AAAL_555A_ORANGE1_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE2_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE3_F190404.TXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
6 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)