Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find the top 100 most popular pages Post 302518769 by rdcwayx on Sunday 1st of May 2011 10:38:58 PM
Old 05-01-2011
All in one awk.

Code:
awk '$5==0 {$3=int($3/4)*4; $4=($4%4)?(int($4/4)*4)+4:$4; for (i=$3;i<=$3+$4;i+=4) a[i]++}
    END{for (i in a) print i,a[i]|"sort -nr -k2|head -100"}' $FILE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to find the top 6 users (which consume most space)?

Hi everybody, I want to know if there is any posibility to find out - on an AIX system - which are the the users who consume most space or at least a posibility to obtain a list with all the users and how much space are they consuming ? Trying to use du command was useless. Any idea?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RebelDac
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude top level directory with find?

I'm using bash on cygwin/windows. I'm trying to use find and exclude the directory /cygdrive/c/System\ Volume\ Information. When I try to use the command below I get the error "rm: cannot remove `/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information': Is a directory. Can someone tell me what I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Recursively find and change Permissions on Man pages

Just joined after using the site as a guest.. (Very Good Stuff in here.. thanks folks.) I am in the process of hardening a Solaris 10 server using JASS. I also must use DISA Security Checklists (SRR) scripts to test for things that did not get hardened to DISA standards. One of the things... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 100 files and move them

i have some 1000 files in my dir and i want to find top 100 files and move them to some other location: below the 2 commands i used, but it is not working ls -ltr | grep ^- | head -100 | xargs mv destination - _________>not working ls -ltr | grep ^- | head -100 | xargs mv {}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the size of a database by counting all the used pages

Hi all, I am looking to find the size of the database by counting all the used pages. 1. I have a file which reads like below 16384 4750850 32768 165 The first column is the pagesize and the second column is the number of pages... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: family_guy
6 Replies

6. Programming

code to find the top of the stack, not able to figure it out

OFFSET=100; PAGESIZE=4096; int dummy_last; TOPSTACK = (caddr_t)(&dummy_last - OFFSET); TOPSTACK = (caddr_t)((unsigned long)TOPSTACK - ((unsigned long)TOPSTACK % PAGESIZE)); this i a code to find the top of the stack, but not able to figure it out. can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: holla4ni
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 4 users currently logged on can i use grep

For the first 4 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. It's not important the order in which each logged in i just want to have the top 4. Same question as here...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find top 3 users currently logged on

For the first 3 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to find memory taken by a process using top command?

I wanted to know how to find the memory taken by a process using top command. The output of the top command is as follows as an example: Mem: 13333364k total, 13238904k used, 94460k free, 623640k buffers Swap: 25165816k total, 112k used, 25165704k free, 4572904k cached PID USER ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and cat top lines recursively

I have a folder structure with multiple sub directories MAIN FOLDER1 SUBFOLDER1 files...... FOLDER2 SUBFOLDER1 files...... etc and I want to find a way to create an output of every files first 20 lines. I've been searching and testing and failing. I can do it in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darbs121
2 Replies
TRACE-CMD-OPTIONS(1)													      TRACE-CMD-OPTIONS(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-options - list available options from trace-cmd plugins SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd options DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) options command will examine all the trace-cmd plugins that are used by trace-cmd report(1) and list them. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-OPTIONS(1)