Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp command evaluation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cp command evaluation Post 302518604 by feliperivera on Saturday 30th of April 2011 01:06:06 PM
Old 04-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun74
Have you thought to change the permission of the file so you can read it?

chmod +r File

then cat into it.
I can't with the user i'm logged, the idea it's not to read a file, sorry if I didn't make myself clear, the idea is to evaluate if the destiny folder is available, and if so, if I have permissions to copy a file inside.
Thanks anyway Shaun.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK equation evaluation.

Hi, Is there a way to evaluate an equation contained in a string within an AWK script? For example: A = "(5*2)-1" (this equation is read from a file and varies line by line) In this example, I can't see any way to get an answer of 9 unless I do: cmd = "awk 'BEGIN{print "A"}'" cmd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdgeo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK in IF evaluation in KSH

Hi - I have an expression that evaluates to "Alive" or some other condition. e.g. if I run :- awk -F \| '{gsub(/]*/,"",$4); print $4 }' then the output is "Alive". I want to be able to test this as the result may be some other condition other than "Alive". I have tried the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

iptables latency evaluation

Hello guys, I'm actually working on my master thesis which has for subject the evaluation of virtual firewall in a cloud environment. To do so, I installed my own cloud using OpenNebula (as a frontend) and Xen (as a Node) on two different machines. The Xen machine is my virtual firewall thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slaughterman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Force command substitution evaluation in bash?

OK, I'm striving to abide by all the rules this time. Here is a fragment of my windows10/cygwin64/bash script: export BUPLOG=$(BackupRecords --log "$src") robocopy $(BackupRecords -mrbd "$src" --path "$src") $(BackupRecords --appSwitches "$src") "$src" "$dst" $(BackupRecords --fileSwitches... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Force command substitution evaluation in bash?

OK, I'm striving to abide by all the rules this time. Here is a fragment of my windows10/cygwin64/bash script: export BUPLOG=$(BackupRecords --log "$src") robocopy $(BackupRecords -mrbd "$src" --path "$src") $(BackupRecords --appSwitches "$src") "$src" "$dst" $(BackupRecords --fileSwitches... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding evaluation order

I have made a simple script to find all programs that use a tcp wrapper, it will supply a reasonable default for my system if none is given. After some digging I realized that the expansion operators pass their default return value single quoted (according to bash -x trace). I have wildcard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding evaluation order

I have made a simple script to find all programs that use a tcp wrapper, it will supply a reasonable default for my system if none is given. After some digging I realized that the expansion operators pass their default return value single quoted (according to bash -x trace). I have wildcard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phuongnguyen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluation of test command

Could somebody please explain to me why and how the highlighted line(s) (?) of code puts the "test" evaluation into "result" and then to $enable_static ? Or does not ? I did comment out the original code and changed it to what I feel is less cryptic , but the "result" is still wrong =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anne
3 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)