Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming writing to file is not readable by user Post 302518543 by flavio on Saturday 30th of April 2011 06:43:39 AM
Old 04-30-2011
after transfered a txt file from pc to unix using FTP, how can i open it in unix?
anybody can help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Core file without a readable stack trace

I am using gdb to examine a core file but the output contains only the method addresses in hex. Is there anyway to translate these addresses to a human-readable form? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciregbu
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

file in malibox is readable format?

Hi, Files coming to mailbox are in readable format? Is there any special command to read these files. suppose i have sent a file like this megh$mailx -s "mesg" xyz@server.domain<file1.dat can xyz directly read the file from his mailbox? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting binary file to readable format in Ksh

In Unix/Ksh, when I try to look inside a file it says that the file may be a binary file and if I want to see it anyway. When i say 'yes', it shows me the content filled with unreadable symbols (looks like binary). Is there a command that I can run from the Unix prompt to convert/translate that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthurs
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make user's qutoa in human readable format?

$ quota Disk quotas for user cqlouis (uid 1254): Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace /dev/sdb1 64 300000 320000 8 0 0 $ I want to make the output of command quota in human readable format? How to? As we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check whether file is readable or not in ksh

i want to check the readability of a file inside the script. when i use if then echo the file "$sourcef" is not readable else echo something fi i am getting the error : f: unknown test operator when i tried to check the availability with if i was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file is not readable by anyone except the owner?

All, I have a script where I get a filename as input and do some processing with the file that I got as input. Requirement: Now I have a requirement where I need to check the following: If either of this goes wrong, the script should pop out a warning message. I tried searching the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file is readable by others

hi all, in ksh script how do i detect if a file is readable by others ?? thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing to User-Specified File

Hi, I'm writing an awk script to remove redundant XML data. I plan on running the script with the following line: cat xmlFile.xml | awk -f scriptFile I want the user to be able to choose the filename that the slimmed down XML code is written to. All of the writing to the slimmed-file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeg90
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I make this file readable/printable?

When I do the file I get ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped I am almost 100% sure I was able to print a readable version of this file in the past but I cannot remember how. Is it possible to convert this file into something that can be read and or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsanchez
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX timestamp to readable format in the file

Hello I have a file : file1.txt with the below contents : 237176 test1 test2 1442149024 237138 test3 test4 1442121300 237171 test5 test7 1442112823 237145 test9 test10 1442109600 In the above file fourth field represents the timestamp in Unix format. I found a command which converts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)