Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp command evaluation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cp command evaluation Post 302518515 by Shaun74 on Saturday 30th of April 2011 12:55:43 AM
Old 04-30-2011
Have you thought to change the permission of the file so you can read it?

chmod +r File

then cat into it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK equation evaluation.

Hi, Is there a way to evaluate an equation contained in a string within an AWK script? For example: A = "(5*2)-1" (this equation is read from a file and varies line by line) In this example, I can't see any way to get an answer of 9 unless I do: cmd = "awk 'BEGIN{print "A"}'" cmd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdgeo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK in IF evaluation in KSH

Hi - I have an expression that evaluates to "Alive" or some other condition. e.g. if I run :- awk -F \| '{gsub(/]*/,"",$4); print $4 }' then the output is "Alive". I want to be able to test this as the result may be some other condition other than "Alive". I have tried the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

iptables latency evaluation

Hello guys, I'm actually working on my master thesis which has for subject the evaluation of virtual firewall in a cloud environment. To do so, I installed my own cloud using OpenNebula (as a frontend) and Xen (as a Node) on two different machines. The Xen machine is my virtual firewall thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slaughterman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Force command substitution evaluation in bash?

OK, I'm striving to abide by all the rules this time. Here is a fragment of my windows10/cygwin64/bash script: export BUPLOG=$(BackupRecords --log "$src") robocopy $(BackupRecords -mrbd "$src" --path "$src") $(BackupRecords --appSwitches "$src") "$src" "$dst" $(BackupRecords --fileSwitches... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Force command substitution evaluation in bash?

OK, I'm striving to abide by all the rules this time. Here is a fragment of my windows10/cygwin64/bash script: export BUPLOG=$(BackupRecords --log "$src") robocopy $(BackupRecords -mrbd "$src" --path "$src") $(BackupRecords --appSwitches "$src") "$src" "$dst" $(BackupRecords --fileSwitches... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding evaluation order

I have made a simple script to find all programs that use a tcp wrapper, it will supply a reasonable default for my system if none is given. After some digging I realized that the expansion operators pass their default return value single quoted (according to bash -x trace). I have wildcard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding evaluation order

I have made a simple script to find all programs that use a tcp wrapper, it will supply a reasonable default for my system if none is given. After some digging I realized that the expansion operators pass their default return value single quoted (according to bash -x trace). I have wildcard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phuongnguyen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluation of test command

Could somebody please explain to me why and how the highlighted line(s) (?) of code puts the "test" evaluation into "result" and then to $enable_static ? Or does not ? I did comment out the original code and changed it to what I feel is less cryptic , but the "result" is still wrong =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anne
3 Replies
LCHMOD(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 LCHMOD(3)

NAME
lchmod -- change mode of file SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> int lchmod(const char *path, mode_t flags); DESCRIPTION
The function lchmod() sets the file permission bits of the file specified by the pathname path to mode. See chmod(2) for the values of the flags. The lchmod() call is like chmod() except when the named file is a symbolic link, in which case lchmod() will change the flags of the link itself, rather than the file it points to. NOTE
Instead of being a system call, lchmod() is emulated using setattrlist(2). Not all file systems support setattrlist(2). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The lchmod() call may return the same errors as chmod(2) and setattrlist(2). SEE ALSO
chmod(2), setattrlist(2) BSD
Oct 31, 2005 BSD