Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris solaris X86 Hardware Checkup (HP HW) Post 302518458 by Eronysis on Friday 29th of April 2011 05:04:01 PM
Old 04-29-2011
I believe he is running X86 Solaris on HP hardware, this should be moved to the Solaris forums, and in response to his question I would start with:

prtconf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 x86

Hi There, I search a lot across the board but didn't find answer... first of all... I installed the Companion CD. So Kde is supposed to work... I ran the script to have it in my login screen, and it's there... but when I enter it, it only kicks me to the login screen once... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
1 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris on x86

hi, need help! i've installed solaris 9 on my x86 box...problems with kdmconfig. here what i have: 1- Dell 17" Flat monitor ( 31kHz-80kHz horizontal and 56 Hz-76Hz Vertical) 2- Matrox Millenium G550 card what choices do i have to made? best regards thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris x86 Book?

Does anyone know of a good book to read that teaches you all about Solaris for the x86 platform? Or maybe something related? A good website? Anyone? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 X86

Ok here goes, this MCSE is now fed up with MS, they are telling me that my Legal XP has a s/num they didnt issue. After countless emails I am P with them and am loooking for a new OS. Tried Linux, got it working but seems too flaky for me. Have installed Solaris 10 X86 (on a temp pc AMD Athlon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mickie
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris x86 on D<LL (OK I said it)

OK, I have a DELL Poweredge 2850 fresh out of the box sitting here. I'm thinking of putting Solaris 9 x86 on it. Has anyone ever attempted this before, do you think it will work? I dont want to get into something that is just going to be a enormus waste of time, so I am wondering if anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 on SPARC & x64/x86 hardware requirements

Hi folks Doing practice certification questions but the answers to this question appear different everywhere I look? Is it also seems to be dependent on the S10 update version using at the moment in the market place? If the book was written over year back, then I suppose the hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy Checkup Script

Hi, I am planning the following to do. On my linux system I've got different users in the /home/ directory. These users have file limitations. So every user below the /home/ directory should get a text file in a seperate folder /home/$user/files/ which tells him how many files he is already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crusher
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Server RAM Usage checkup & support

Hi RAM of my system is 24 GB however when i checked the processes pids and counted the memory usage by pmap i found out that the total memory usage is 36 GB It s obvious that my system might be using some of virtual memory or swap space . How can i check which memory it is using and how .. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris: clnt_create fails on solaris x86

Hi, I am facing an issue with Solaris x86 machine Machine Details: uname -a SunOS sol10-64 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc .............................. Description: I am trying to register a programm with proramm ID 300760 with version number 1, and tryint to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DivakarAdari
0 Replies
Intro(9S)						    Data Structures for Drivers 						 Intro(9S)

NAME
Intro, intro - introduction to kernel data structures and properties DESCRIPTION
Section 9P describes kernel properties used by device drivers. Section 9S describes the data structures used by drivers to share informa- tion between the driver and the kernel. See Intro(9E) for an overview of device driver interfaces. In Section 9S, reference pages contain the following headings: o NAME summarizes the purpose of the structure or property. o SYNOPSIS lists the include file that defines the structure or property. o INTERFACE LEVEL describes any architecture dependencies. o DESCRIPTION provides general information about the structure or property. o STRUCTURE MEMBERS lists all accessible structure members (for Section 9S). o SEE ALSO gives sources for further information. Of the preceding headings, Section 9P reference pages contain the NAME, DESCRIPTION, and SEE ALSO fields. Every driver MUST include <sys/ddi.h> and <sys/sunddi.h>, in that order, and as final entries. The following table summarizes the STREAMS structures described in Section 9S. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyreq |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyresp |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |datab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fmodsw |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |free_rtn |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iocblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |linkblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |module_info |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |msgb |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qband |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qinit |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queclass |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queue |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |streamtab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |stroptions |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The following table summarizes structures that are not specific to STREAMS I/O. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |aio_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |buf |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cb_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_device_acc_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_sparc |Solaris SPARC DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_x86 |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dmae_req |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_idevice_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_mapdev_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |devmap_callback_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |dev_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iovec |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_intr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_io |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_named |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |map |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modldrv |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlinkage |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlstrmod |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_address |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_arq_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_device |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_extended_sense |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_hba_tran |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_inquiry |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_pkt |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |uio |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(9E) NOTES
Do not declare arrays of structures as the size of the structures can change between releases. Rely only on the structure members listed in this chapter and not on unlisted members or the position of a member in a structure. SunOS 5.11 15 May 2001 Intro(9S)