Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing filename dynamically in SPOOL of SQL*PLUS in shell script Post 302518370 by DGPickett on Friday 29th of April 2011 12:14:13 PM
Old 04-29-2011
Generate the script in a shell script, getting the file name from $1, and pipe it to sqlldr/sqlplus in the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Passing variables to sql from batch shell in linux

Hi, I need to put this command in a batch shell. sqlplus -s user/password @test.sql and in the test.sql I have this command select * from pbempl where pebempl_id = $1; How I can pass the variable $1 from the batch shell??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama71
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PL/SQL variable value to Shell Varible

Hi my UNIX Friends, Im calling some SQL scripts through Unix Shell scripting. How do I export the value of PL/SQL variable value into a Unix shell script variable? Also could any one inform me about the 'search' and 'cut' utility of PL/SQL (like 'grep' and 'cut' in Shell scripting). ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameter from Shell-script to Sql-script

Dear Friends, Please help me to achieve the following: I want to pass one parameter from Shell-script to Sql-script. Example: My ShellScript.sh is calling report.sql like this: /bin/sqlplus /reports.sql And My report.sql is calling many Stored-Procedures like this: exec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: subodhbansal
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argumnets from shell script to sql

hi I all , I have sql statment in my shell script , I pass two argument to the script I need to pass the this two arguments to the sql statment example : runsql.sh "1" "2" sql : updat tables_x set y=0 where A=:x should subsituted by "1" and B=:y shuold subsituted bt "2"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values from sql to shell script

Hi guyz, Posting a thread after a long time. I want to pass two variables to unix shell script from sql script. Note: I am calling sql script from unix script. sql script has 2 variables one is the return code for status of program run and second one email flag. I don't know how to capture... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Filename as a Parameter to Another script

Hi, I have a requirement to write a script file(script1.sh) to read the file from the folder say /usr1/profiles/active and pass the file name as a parameter to another script file say (script2.sh) which would subsitute this parameter. The script2.sh will have a line like the one below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in passing multiple arguments from a shell script to a pl/sql block

Hi, hope everyone are fine. Please find my issue below, and I request your help in the same In a configuration file, i have a variable defined as below TEST = 'One','Two','Three' I am trying to pass this variable in to a sql script which is define in a pl/sql block as follows, In the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
1 Replies

8. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the result of an anonymous pl/sql block to a shell script

Hello, Here is the code i have written to get the count of a plsql query back to the unix. function checkforCOIDs { countcheck=`sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 whenever oserror exit sql.oscode rollback whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode rollback set serverout on size 2000; set head off feedback off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2eee
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append date to sql*plus spool (log) file in shell script

SQL*Plus version : 11.2.0.4 OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 SQL*Plus is a client application to connect to oracle database. The log file for this tool is generated via spool command as shown below. I am trying to append date ( $dateString ) to spool file as shown below. $ cat test2.sh #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)