Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding users via smit
Operating Systems AIX adding users via smit Post 302518363 by mshilling on Friday 29th of April 2011 11:53:43 AM
Old 04-29-2011
No, I do like that process and will look into all the values that are set.

Quote:
I did add "smitty user" in my sudo file and ran it as a non root user and it populated all the fields just as if I run it as root. So if you have it set up the same way then maybe it's some sort of sudo bug.
When you did this, did you see the process through to the end then go back and look at the created user? The reason I ask is this. When I do that, it appears as all the values are set. I type in the username and press enter, then when I look at the created user, its missing everything except the username. Just curious more than anything.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding users

Anyone have a simple shell script that will prompt and accept screen input for each field that is required in the /etc/passwd file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Relykk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a backslash to users' input

Hi, I need to convert user-input from '(this)' to '\(this\)' before passing it to egrep. I've tried using TR, SED and NAWK to add the backslash, but the most I ever get is a backslash without a '(' or ')'. Any ideas? Thanks! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: netguy
13 Replies

3. SuSE

SUSE 9.1 - Problems with Adding new users plz help

Hi every one, I recently installed Suse 9.1 and added two users during installation with out problems. I have tried to add another user using the following cmd: 'useradd pite' and 'passwd xxxx' and got a message new user and password added. But when i tried to create a directory using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding users to /etc/group

I'm using SAM to add users on an HP and they're adding fine. But in /etc/group it only lists the group names. It's not adding the users in there. Is there a way to have them put in there without going into SAM and modifying the group and adding them? I guess what I want to happen is when I add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golfhakker
1 Replies

5. Programming

reg adding Users into at.allow and removing from at.allow

Hi , Thanks for your time . I am working on a application , which adds unix user through useradd and deletes user through userdel . both are admin commands . My requirement is i have to add a user into at.allow whenver a unix user is added through my application and the user should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding delimiter to logged in users

Hi guys! Just was wanting to run a command that would allow me to seperate the currently logged in users. Basically from this format: user1 user2 user3 To: user1|user2|user3 (Note the lack of a pipe at the end, not sure if thats possible) Basically it needs to be in this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: crawf
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding users question

Hello there, I want to add new users to my system, so, being logged in as root I do useradd -m user_name, and the new user is added to the system. The problem is that it has more privileges than I expected. If I do su user_name then I am allowed to do cat /etc/passwd , so it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: help.goes.here
4 Replies

8. AIX

How do I killed ideal users from AIX 5.3 smit?

Hi, I'm newbee to AIX and would like to setup a process which kills 1 Hr. ideal users from smit. Please advise for making it work. :) Thanks, Sumit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script for adding users

Hi guys, I've a simple linux script (made by my friend), which adds users to the system from userlist file. it also creates user home dir and copies certain files to the directory. To be honest, am a newbie in scripting so am unable to fully understand how the script is working. unfortunately,... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: vish6251
30 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding users from a txt fille

hello i'm making a bash script for adding users from a txt fille i have a basic script that adds users and their password . when you type the users by hand , now i want to upgrade my script with a txt file of users and their password , but i don't know how to start . my txt file looks... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roggy
10 Replies
XEN-CREATE-NFS(8)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 XEN-CREATE-NFS(8)

NAME
xen-create-nfs - Create a Xen configuration file for an NFS-root guest. SYNOPSIS
xen-create-nfs [options] Help Options: --help Show help information. --manual Read the manual for this script. --version Show the version information and exit. --verbose Show diagnostic output. Networking Options: --broadcast The broadcast address to use when configured with a static IP. --dhcp Configure the guest to use DHCP for IP allocation. --gateway The gateway address to use when configured with a static IP. --hostname The hostname to configure for the guest. --ip The IP address to use when configured with a static IP. --netmask The netmask to use when configured with a static IP. --nameserver The nameserver to use when configured with a static IP. General options: --admins Specify which users should be setup as xen-shell admins. --force Force the overwriting of an existing configuration file. --initrd Specify the initial ramdisk for the guest. --kernel Specify the kernel to use for the guest. --memory Specify the memory to allocate for this guest. --mac Specify the MAC address to use for the guest. --template Specify an alternative template file to use. NFS options: --nfs_server Specify the NFS server to mount the root partition from. --nfs_root Specify the path, upon the NFS server, to mount. OPTIONS
--help Show help information. --hostname Specify the hostname to delete. --manual Read the manual for this script. --version Show the version number and exit. DESCRIPTION
xen-create-nfs is a simple script which allows you to easily create a single configuration file for a Xen guest which will mount its remote filesystem over an NFS root. It doesn't create any images to use for local storage, and it doesn't support more than the minimal number of options to completement the existing xen-create-image script, however it is hopefully useful. REFERENCE
For more details on what you'll need to support NFS-root Xen guests the following article, written by the author, might be useful: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/505 AUTHORS
Steve Kemp, http://www.steve.org.uk/ StA~Xphane Jourdois LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2005-2009 by Steve Kemp, (c) 2010 by The Xen-Tools Development Team. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. 4.3.1 2012-06-30 XEN-CREATE-NFS(8)