Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conversion of spaces Text file into CSV format file Post 302518359 by ctsgnb on Friday 29th of April 2011 11:46:41 AM
Old 04-29-2011
I think you should first try to format it directly in SQL code using all the available formatting option
newpage, wrap, linesize, pagesize, heading ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of .xls file to .csv file

Hi Folks, I've to convert manually couple of *.xls files to *.csv files everyday :( so i was just wondering if anyone could just help me with a shell script or awk script to automate the process :) PS : Problem is that i cannot use any third party software for the conversion. Thanking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaturvedi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file to csv conversion

Hi Guy's can someone help me in converting the following I have a flat text file which has several thousand lines which I need to convert to a csv it's got a consistent format but basically want every time it hit's txt to create a new line with the subsequent lines comma delimited for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1_ben
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cleaning up spaces from fixed width file while converting to csv file

Open to a sed/awk/or perl alternative so that i can stick command into my bash script. This is a problem I resolve using a combination of cut commands - but that is getting convoluted. So would really appreciate it if someone could provide a better solution which basically replaces all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svn
3 Replies

4. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion of spaces into CSV format file

INput file attached in thread : Column widths at 24,73,82,87,121 characters (sed 's/./,/24;s/./,/73;s/./,/81;s/./,/87;s/./,/121;s/ *, */,/g' fixedinputfile >output.csv ). The client wants instead of hard coding the column widths as they are not fixed .he has given the hint stating that ( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of xhtml data into csv format using dump utility

Hi Unix Gurus, I tried to convert the attached xhtml table content into csv file using unix shell script (lynx -dump filename) and got the below results: Title ID Owner Priority Estimate Project Change Date Changed By Complexity Create Date Created By Detail Estimate Total De tail... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bi.infa
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format problem while converting text file to csv

Hi , I need a help in following scenario.I tried searching in google but couldn't able to find the exact answer. Sorry if i am re-posting already answered query. While i am trying to convert into log file into csv i couldn't able to get the format which i am looking for. I converted file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Conversion of Binary csv file

Hello, I have a binary csv file that was created on 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6'. Now we have transferred all files on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS/xenial On opening the file in Ubuntu, there are special characters ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
8 Replies
pagesize(1)							   User Commands						       pagesize(1)

NAME
pagesize - display the size or sizes of a page of memory SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pagesize [-a] DESCRIPTION
The pagesize utility prints the default size of a page of memory in bytes, as returned by getpagesize(3C). This program is useful in con- structing portable shell scripts. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Prints out all possible hardware address translation sizes supported by the system. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ppgsz(1), getpagesize(3C), getpagesizes(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 May 2001 pagesize(1)