Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Debugging software for C++ on Unix Post 302518238 by itkamaraj on Friday 29th of April 2011 02:40:40 AM

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Software Router for Unix

Dear Users: I'm trying to find a software based Unix Router. I only want to bridge two subnets, and I'm not trying to share an internet connection. Ultimately, I'm looking for the sourcecode so that I can compile it for Mac OS X, which is the machine that the we want the router to run on. I'd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emulator
4 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Antivirus software for UNIX

I know that it's not necessary to get antivirus software for UNIX operating systems, but could someone please recommend some anyway? Does McAfee make any? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ellethompson
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Hp Unix software

Hi, where can i get Hp unix dummy version to use in my home system.iam a newbie to unix.pls let me know if any avilable..Thank you Shruti (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
6 Replies

4. Programming

debugging a shared library (unix)

How can I debug a C++ program (unix) that uses a dinamycaly linked library (dlopen(), dlsym())? I mean I want to be able to go through the library code too. I used ddd, but it's not working. thanks in advance! nadia (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix software problem

helllo! I work in Department of Civil Aviation.Our SSR Radar use AlphaServer 800 with unix os.Now, sever can't startup completely.Its error messages are... Enviromental Monitoring System can't start. kdaemon progam not running. network name and login name don't match. I can enter login and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akzin
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to practice unix in online without unix software

hi, im new to unix.i dont have unix software in my system. Is there any website is there to practice unix in online can u please any one help me...... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowridoc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Software

Hi All, From where can i get the UNIX Software so that i can install the same in my Laptop. Thanks Dilip (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DilipPanda
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free unix software

I used to have a free software on my computer to practice unix. Unfortunately, I had to rebuild the laptop after it was infected by a virus. Now I cannot remember the website where to download the software. Can anyone point me to a site? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging mode while executing Unix Shell Scripting

Hi, Is there any debugging tool for Unix Shell Script like we have gdb in C/C++? Also please let me know how to close the thread is it automatic or we have to close it manually. Thanks and Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)

NAME
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix - Determine the local system's time zone on Unix VERSION
version 1.63 SYNOPSIS
my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone->new( name => 'local' ); my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone::Local->TimeZone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for determining the local time zone on a Unix platform. HOW THE TIME ZONE IS DETERMINED
This class tries the following methods of determining the local time zone: o $ENV{TZ} It checks $ENV{TZ} for a valid time zone name. o /etc/localtime If this file is a symlink to an Olson database time zone file (usually in /usr/share/zoneinfo) then it uses the target file's path name to determine the time zone name. For example, if the path is /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago, the time zone is "America/Chicago". Some systems just copy the relevant file to /etc/localtime instead of making a symlink. In this case, we look in /usr/share/zoneinfo for a file that has the same size and content as /etc/localtime to determine the local time zone. o /etc/timezone If this file exists, it is read and its contents are used as a time zone name. o /etc/TIMEZONE If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TZ = ...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. o /etc/sysconfig/clock If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TIMEZONE = ..." or "ZONE = ...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. o /etc/default/init If this file exists, it is opened and we look for a line starting like "TZ=...". If this is found, it should indicate a time zone name. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-28 DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Unix(3)