Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can't locate inc/Module/Install.pm in @INC Post 302518138 by admin@2010 on Thursday 28th of April 2011 04:57:23 PM
Old 04-28-2011
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
I was unable to figure out the installation of PPM itself, please see the attachment for some more info on what i'm doing.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL DBI module install

We ran into an issue trying to install DBI and DB2 modules for perl for AIX from the link http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/perl/ We tried to install the DBI module using bash# perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI' command. However we ended up with the following error. Stop. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Install Perl Module

Hi Every one, I am suing solaris 5.10. i want install perl modules, how insall cn any body help me to install perl Module.. Thank you for your Help Thanks, Hari.A. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari.jnvc90
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't locate loadable object for module GD in @INC

I am trying to use the GD module on a on Unix Solaris environment machine by including gd.pm from a temporary location but I am receiving the following error: perl -w polyline.pl > imageoutput.png Can't locate loadable object for module GD in @INC (@INC contains:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Trying to install perl module

Here's the deal: I'm trying to install perl's DBI Module in my Solaris 11 express ( ALSO TRYING IN SOLARIS 10 ) but I'm getting these errors/warnings when using the respective commands perl Makefile.PL Warning: prerequisite ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.48 not found. We have 6.42. Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvaradogunner
3 Replies

6. Solaris

perl module install issue

Hi, I've been trying to install the perl module DateTime-0.72 onto Solaris 10 server. # uname -a SunOS 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc but I'm getting the following error: /export/home/perl-modules/DateTime-0.72/> perl Build.PL Can't locate Module/Build.pm in @INC (@INC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keatingb
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Cannot locate patch to install (on a non-global zone)

Hello Solaris experts, I would like to inquire of the error I'm encountering when using patchadd on a non-global zone. bash-3.00# patchadd 148625-01 Validating patches... Loading patches installed on the system... Done! Loading patches requested to install. Cannot locate 148625-01... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

modprobe: Can't locate module usbcore

Hello Linux forum! I am working on an older Red hat Linux version(kernel) 2.4.21 and I have compiled the kernel and I select it on startup, but I get the following errors: Mounting Local Filesystems: Modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module usbcore modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module udf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr.rhtuner
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't locate loadable object for module IO::Tty

I am getting this error: Can't locate loadable object for module IO::Tty in @INC (@INC contains: /production/79p/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.28.0/x86_64-linux /production/79p/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.28.0 /production/79p/perl5/lib/5.28.0/x86_64-linux /production/79p/perl5/lib/5.28.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies
inc::Module::Install(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 inc::Module::Install(3pm)

NAME
inc::Module::Install - Module::Install configuration system SYNOPSIS
use inc::Module::Install; DESCRIPTION
This module first checks whether the inc/.author directory exists, and removes the whole inc/ directory if it does, so the module author always get a fresh inc every time they run Makefile.PL. Next, it unshifts "inc" into @INC, then loads Module::Install from there. Below is an explanation of the reason for using a loader module: The original implementation of CPAN::MakeMaker introduces subtle problems for distributions ending with "CPAN" (e.g. CPAN.pm, WAIT::Format::CPAN), because its placement in ./CPAN/ duplicates the real libraries that will get installed; also, the directory name ./CPAN/ may confuse users. On the other hand, putting included, for-build-time-only libraries in ./inc/ is a normal practice, and there is little chance that a CPAN distribution will be called "Something::inc", so it's much safer to use. Also, it allows for other helper modules like Module::AutoInstall to reside also in inc/, and to make use of them. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004 Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 inc::Module::Install(3pm)