Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error in installing the mysql-python-1.2.3.tar.gz Post 302517813 by AlexCheung on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 10:17:44 PM
Old 04-27-2011
Thanks. I get it, but how can I fix it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uninstalling Mysql 5.0.15 tar file

Hi Everyone, I want to uninstall mysql-standard-5.0.15-linux-i686.tar. The problem is i don't no how to uninstall tar file. I know how to uninstall it through rpm but we have a binary file. can we use make uninstall or remove comand to do so? Or there is some other way of unistalling tar files.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atul.saxena
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during installing DBD-mysql-4.005

Hi, Iam not able to install DBD-mysql-4.005 into my Sun machine as the error comes - perl Makefile.PL --mysql_config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config I will use the following settings for compiling and testing: cflags (mysql_config ) = -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
2 Replies

4. Linux

MySQL python installation

Hi I am using CentOS 4 machine..trying to install MySQL for python to setup a boinc project.. During the building process I am getting this error..I have even set the LD_lIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib where the libmysqlclient.so file is present.. ./python -E ./setup.py build ./python: error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gayathrirri
1 Replies

5. Programming

Python MySQL error

Hey all, I'm trying to enter some data into a database and I keep getting this error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "./ais_file_parser.py", line 77, in <module> cursor.execute(sql) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 166, in execute ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmd006
1 Replies

6. BSD

Installing MySQL package

Hey all I'm having a little trouble installing a MySQL database. This is what I tried... export PKG_PATH=ftp://mirror.planetunix.net/pub/OpenBSD/4.9/packages/`machine -a` pkg_add -v mysql-server mysql-client and this is what I get Unknown element: @rcscript /etc/rc.d/mysqld in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: desreguard
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in installing mysql on unix server

Hi , I am trying to install mysql but getting below error $# mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) can anyone provide me this file 'mysql.sock' Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem in installing mysql

Hi i am trying to install mysql rpm package on my linux machine but getting below error : warning: MySQL-embedded-5.5.28-1.rhel5.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5072e1f5 error: Failed dependencies: MySQL-devel is needed by MySQL-embedded-5.5.28-1.rhel5.i386 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
9 Replies

9. Programming

Python tar script; no errors; no output

This script produces no errors. It also does not produce an output file. Any ideas? #!/usr/bin/python import tarfile output_filename = 'etc.tar' source_dir = '/etc/' #To build a .tar.gz for an entire directory tree: def make_tarfile(output_filename, source_dir): with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
GENDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							GENDIFF(1)

NAME
gendiff - utility to aid in error-free diff file generation SYNOPSIS
gendiff <directory> <diff-extension> DESCRIPTION
gendiff is a rather simple script which aids in generating a diff file from a single directory. It takes a directory name and a "diff- extension" as its only arguments. The diff extension should be a unique sequence of characters added to the end of all original, unmodi- fied files. The output of the program is a diff file which may be applied with the patch program to recreate the changes. The usual sequence of events for creating a diff is to create two identical directories, make changes in one directory, and then use the diff utility to create a list of differences between the two. Using gendiff eliminates the need for the extra, original and unmodified directory copy. Instead, only the individual files that are modified need to be saved. Before editing a file, copy the file, appending the extension you have chosen to the filename. I.e. if you were going to edit somefile.cpp and have chosen the extension "fix", copy it to somefile.cpp.fix before editing it. Then edit the first copy (somefile.cpp). After editing all the files you need to edit in this fashion, enter the directory one level above where your source code resides, and then type $ gendiff somedirectory .fix > mydiff-fix.patch You should redirect the output to a file (as illustrated) unless you want to see the results on stdout. SEE ALSO
diff(1), patch(1) AUTHOR
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution Mon Jan 10 2000 GENDIFF(1)