Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop through text file > Copy Folder > Edit XML files in bulk? Post 302517800 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 08:45:24 PM
Old 04-27-2011
Code:
$ cat id_key.txt
58571,east_ppl_ppla_por
58788,east_pcy_hd_por
58704,east_pcy_ga_por
58697,east_pcy_pcybs_por

$ cat  SearchBoxRN.xml
58571:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppl_por"
58704:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppl_por"
58697:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppl_por"
58788:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppl_por"
58541:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppl_por"
58371:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppl_por"

$ awk -F , 'NR==FNR{a[$1]=$2;next} 
        /responsibilityKey/ {if ($1 in a) $2="responsibilityKey=\"" a[$1] "\""}1' id_key.txt FS=":" OFS=":" SearchBoxRN.xml

58571:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppla_por"
58704:responsibilityKey="east_pcy_ga_por"
58697:responsibilityKey="east_pcy_pcybs_por"
58788:responsibilityKey="east_pcy_hd_por"
58541:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppl_por"
58371:responsibilityKey="east_ppl_ppl_por"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep multiple text files in folder into 1 text file?

How do I use the grep command to take mutiple text files in a folder and make one huge text file out of them. I'm using Mac OS X and can not find a text tool that does it so I figured I'd resort to the BSD Unix CLI for a solution... there are 5,300 files that I want to write to one huge file so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppertone
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files grabbing destination folder from file name

Hi all... Below is what I am trying to do: 1. Having the following folder with the files... /source_folder/dodiddone.tar.gz /source_folder/gowentgone.tar.gz /source_folder/gowentgone.log 2. I need to copy and chown files with extension .tar.gz to another folder copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pedroz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or perl script to replace XML text in bulk

Hi, I am looking for assistance over shell or perl (without XML twig module) which replace string in XML file under particular branch..example of code file sample.. Exact requirment : Replace "Su saldo es" in below file with "Your balance" but only in XML branch of Text id=98 and Text Id=12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashu_099
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy all the contents of a list of files present in a folder to a particular file?

Hi All, I want to copy all the contents of a list of files in a folder to a particular file. i am using following command: cat dir/* >> newFile.txtIt's not working. Could you please help? Thanks, Pranav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files with the same filenames as those in another folder to that same folder?

Hello All A similar question like this was asked before but I need to change part of the question. I've two folders, Folder A contains some image files in 150 subfolders; Folder B contains text files in 350 subfolders. All image files in Folder A have the same filename as the text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlade
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and paste text inside a xml file

I have a really big XML file. I need copy the value of one tag inside another one tag. I try to publish one example. <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1">Rai 1</channel> <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +2HD">Rai 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
6 Replies

10. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies