Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What are the BEST Repository for Unix? Post 302517756 by andresguillen on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 04:01:20 PM
Old 04-27-2011
Gurus of Unix,
I use the OpenSolaris OS.
I want to isntall and enable a Cisco VPN Client in my LapTop

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repository of HP-UX 10.20 packages

Hello, What the adresses of ftps or websites the packages depots to HP-UX 10.20 I am search and google I did not get success. Thanks :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markos
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Repository Backup Using Unix

Hi All, Is there any unix command through which i can take informatica repository backup. We can take backup using the admin console of informatica but i am not able to do it using cusing unix command prompt. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MANISH KU
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building my own CPAN repository

Hi there , im not sure whether im in the right section, but because im talking about perl, i guess this is the right place :-) I have a whole host (thousands in fact) of Solaris machines that are running different versions of perl with different module sets etc. I wanted to know whether it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

build a repository

Hi, i'll explain my problem in few words: i have to create a repository with mrepo on a RH. I see many procedures on internet and even in linux mag, but there isn't any case where the iso and rpm deposit aren't placed on the repository but on a remote system (a NetApp filer in my case). So... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicnictout
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem when I use Repository

Hi Gurus of Unix I use the Package Manager of OpenSolaris I set my Package Manager : "http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000/" But when I try to install packet appear the following Error: Please check the network connection. Is the repository accessible? Transfer from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris repository

Someone know good software repositories for Solaris 10? I'm searching one with updated packages like Samba3,smbldaptools,openldap,etc Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Repository update

i have a repository server for red hat and centos clients. the repository contain all the rpms from the original install cd. now lets say i will add for example the new BASH rpm that fixes the shellshock vaulnerbility. when the client machine will run the command: "yum update bash" did the yum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Repository out of date.

I get this message when attempting to update OpenSUSE 42.2: Error building the cache: Warning: Repository 'Main Update Repository' appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server. Nothing to do. What's happening? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geos0xAA55
2 Replies
pkg::create(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						    pkg::create(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pkg::create - Construct an appropriate 'package ifneeded' command for a given package specification SYNOPSIS
::pkg::create -name packageName -version packageVersion ?-load filespec? ... ?-source filespec? ... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
::pkg::create is a utility procedure that is part of the standard Tcl library. It is used to create an appropriate package ifneeded com- mand for a given package specification. It can be used to construct a pkgIndex.tcl file for use with the package mechanism. OPTIONS
The parameters supported are: -name packageName This parameter specifies the name of the package. It is required. -version packageVersion This parameter specifies the version of the package. It is required. -load filespec This parameter specifies a binary library that must be loaded with the load command. filespec is a list with two elements. The first element is the name of the file to load. The second, optional element is a list of commands supplied by loading that file. If the list of procedures is empty or omitted, ::pkg::create will set up the library for direct loading (see pkg_mkIndex). Any num- ber of -load parameters may be specified. -source filespec This parameter is similar to the -load parameter, except that it specifies a Tcl library that must be loaded with the source com- mand. Any number of -source parameters may be specified. At least one -load or -source parameter must be given. SEE ALSO
package(n) KEYWORDS
auto-load, index, package, version Tcl 8.3 pkg::create(n)