Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPOV : coda is aborted
Operating Systems AIX HPOV : coda is aborted Post 302517740 by zaxxon on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 03:19:46 PM
Old 04-27-2011
Yes I understood, but why not check for the log files if there is anything suspicous in it? When you reinstall it and try to get it's status as you described, it should at least write some log files...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted

i m trying to run a command from diffrent login ,where i get following messages Empty compile time value given to use lib at /svm_wl1/billing/atai/rel/server/util/ataprocs line 73 Empty compile time value given to use lib at /svm_wl1/billing/atai/rel/server/util/ataprocs line 73 Empty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rerun a script if aborted and exited

Hello, When I run a script, the script sometimes exited. I need to re-run it automatically again. Currently I am using crontab to run the script each 5 minutes. However, I need to have a better solution. Any idea what to do? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

aborted due to compilation error

I wanted to edit the time for a cron job that cleans out the quarantine in mailscanner. etc/cron.daily/clean.quarantine I edited the file #!/usr/bin/perl # # IMPORTANT NOTE: # # Change the next line to 0 instead of 1 to enable this script. # By default it will be disabled and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

cvs [login aborted]

Hi, I installed CVSNT on PC and trying to checkout files from/on linux box. Logging in to :pserver:user1@16.145.134.210:22/DBMONITOR/CVSROOT CVS password: cvs : unrecognized auth response from 16.145.134.210: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.4 ssh is ok. $ ssh user1@16.145.134.210... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zam
1 Replies

5. Solaris

HPOV in solaris

Good Day all i have a solaris 8 server and i want the procedure for how to install HPOV becuse dont have any small info about solaris . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

6. Solaris

backup aborted

hi all I am getting following error while taking backup using the command ufsdump 0ubf 512 /dev/rmt/0cbn /database/backup2/rman_backup/level0 >> /database/backup2/backup_tape/level0_rman_06sep12 2>&1; from the log i got the error bash# tail -f level0_rman_06sep12 DUMP: Date of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

7. Programming

Free() - Program getting aborted.

I am trying to learn C and while trying out some code, the program is getting aborted while I am calling free(). Here is the code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> void print_by_ptr(char **str) { printf("<%s>\n",*str); printf("Now I am modifying the str.\n"); *str =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
3 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Performance data via HPOV tool

Hi, We have HP OpenView tool to extract utilization report and extract them in csv. Every month I pull 30 days CPU and Memory utilization, every 5 minutes via GUI and export it in csv (excel) format. It is always a time consuming process to run it on a set of servers and then pick next set because... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Can HPOV monitor server hung state ?

Hi, We have Solaris-10 running on VMware (x86). It is being monitored by HP Openview. Sometimes when this server hungs, while ping still works, HPOpenview can't alert that server is down (which is actually unresponsive). First symptom we see is, login failure. It will ask user name and after... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)