Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script not running through Cronjob Post 302517558 by shivangi on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 06:31:09 AM
Old 04-27-2011
Tried with using variable ORACLE_HOME as well,didnt help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables are not getting exported while running the script in cronjob

Hi All Some how, variables are not getting exported while running the script in cronjob. Variable value is coming blank. But the variables are geting the value when the same script I am running manually. Any idea why? When running the script in cron-job ==================================... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not running thru Cronjob

Hi I have a shell script, it run ok if executed from the path it is located at but doesnot run when the same is tried through cron-job. can someone help me please. regards gaurav shrinivas Email address removed (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravshrinivas
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cronjob is not running

hi, I have a shell script which has a sql plus code and unix if else condition. The file is located at root.I logged in as a root user and i have all permissions. I tried to set up a cron job so that the script need to run every minute.the script is running successfully without any problem. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanei05
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script that sends an html formatted email fails when its run as cronjob

Hi Im very new at working with unix and this problem I simply can not understand. I know there are a lot of threads about problems with shell scripts behaving differently when run from a terminal and from a cronjob. I have tried everything(almost) but I still havent cracked this problem. Im... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nightowl
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in running a Perl script via cronjob

I have a very basic perl script that attempts to find if a process is running. If the process is not running then the script is supposed to start the process. If I execute the script from command line it works fine as expected. However if the script is executed via cronjob, the script cannot find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypant
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cronjob for running a php script intermittently?

Hey all Found this forum googling for solutions. Great community this! Im looking for help trying to run a php script every 20 minutes. The script basically has to loop continuously forever but inexplicably hangs every 30 minutes or so. I have not been able to debug the script and find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aras
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A running Script giving error while scheduled in cronjob

Hi, I have script which is properly running but when i schedule it in cron it throws an error like : Your "cron" job on retrprdapp1 /usr/bin/sh /retr/cron/ftp.sh 2>&1 produced the following output: /retr/cron/ftp.sh: syntax error at line 17: `(' unexpected line17 is # Get list of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagasti
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script cronjob running but dying prematurely

I have an Ubuntu machine that I'd like to update automatically. I've written an expect script to run the aptitude package manager and update my packages. Essentially it does: aptitude update && aptitude upgrade while answering "yes" at the appropriate time. It works quite nicely when run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CluelessPerson
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Cronjob is not running

I created a script, size=`du -sm` size=`echo $size | sed 's/.$//'` size1='30720' if then { find /ask/tarballs -type f -name "*.tgz" -mtime +30 -exec ls -l {} \; find /ask/tarballs -type f -name "*.tgz" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \; } else echo "Directory size doesnt exceed Threshold... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
12 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)