Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting a relative timestamp from timestamp stored in a file Post 302517525 by vaibhavkorde on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 04:27:05 AM
Old 04-27-2011
Getting a relative timestamp from timestamp stored in a file

Hi,
I've a file in the following format
Code:
1999-APR-8 17:31:06     1500     3     45
1999-APR-8 17:31:15     1500     3     45
1999-APR-8 17:31:25     1500     3     45
1999-APR-8 17:31:30     1500     3     45
1999-APR-8 17:31:55     1500     3     45
1999-APR-8 17:32:06     1500     3     45

As you can see the file is sorted according to the timestamp.
I want the output in such a form that it will consist of relative timestamp in seconds for every timestamp in each line stored in a file.
For eg:
For above file the relative timestamp will be calculated w.r.t first timestamp.
Thus, the desired output would be
Code:
1999-APR-8 17:31:06     1500     3     45     0
1999-APR-8 17:31:15     1500     3     45     9
1999-APR-8 17:31:25     1500     3     45     19
1999-APR-8 17:31:30     1500     3     45     24
1999-APR-8 17:31:55     1500     3     45     49
1999-APR-8 17:32:06     1500     3     45     60

How can I deal with this?
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timestamp of file

Hi, I need to recursively find alll files generated as of today. I was able to use find and ls -l to do that but the problem i am facing is there are around 48000 subdirectories it needs to search in. Any help is appreciated. krisdhar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisdhar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File timestamp

Hi, Could someone please tell me how to find the last modified date (date,hours,minutes,seconds) of a file in the format YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss of a file using only standard HP-UX commands? I looked for options in "ls" command but I couldn't find any options for HP-UX which gets the date details... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion of different timestamp to standard timestamp

hi i need a scrit to convert one date format to another. for example i have three columns in a file which gets a different format, but lastly i want output with stadard timestamp as "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" column1 column2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dprakash
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the timestamp of a file

Hi Friends I need to get the tine stamp of a file and based on this time stamp I am doing a comparison and based on this i need to call a java jar file. I am using ksh shell and in this stat is not there. So instead of stat I am using ls -l command and using awk i am getting $6 $7 and $8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::OS(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation    libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::OS(3pm)

NAME
APR::OS - Perl API for Platform-specific APR API Synopsis use APR::OS (); # get current thread id my $tid = APR::OS::current_thread_id(); Description "APR::OS" provides the Perl interface to platform-specific APR API. You should be extremely careful when relying on any of the API provided by this module, since they are no portable. So if you use those you application will be non-portable as well. API
"APR::OS" provides the following methods: "current_thread_id" Get the current thread ID $tid = APR::OS::current_thread_id(); ret: $tid ( integer ) under threaded MPMs returns the current thread ID, otherwise 0. since: 2.0.00 Example: use Apache2::MPM (); use APR::OS (); if (Apache2::MPM->is_threaded) { my $tid_obj = APR::OS::current_thread_id(); print "TID: $tid"; } else { print "PID: $$"; } See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::OS(3pm)