Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What are the BEST Repository for Unix? Post 302517491 by andresguillen on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 02:04:14 AM
Old 04-27-2011
What are the BEST Repository for Unix?

Hi Gurus of UNIX, Can you tell me what are the best Repository in Unix:

In Internet I found the following:
sunfreeware
pkg set-authority -O http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000 sunfreeware.com The popular sunfreeware collection in the IPS format

blastwave
pkg set-authority -O http://blastwave.network.com:10000 blastwave 1700 packages from the popular blastwave servers

OpenSolaris mirror China university(CERNET)
pkg set-authority -O http://pkg-edu.unix-center.net:80 OSOL-China-Cernet An OpenSolaris mirror IPS repository in the university network CERNET

OpenSolaris China public mirror
pkg set-authority -O http://pkg.unix-center.net:80 OSOL-China A public accessible mirror of the OpenSolaris repository for public usage in China

Hudson Project (Building and monitoring of Java projects)
pkg set-authority -O http://hudson.gotdns.com/ips hudson Hudson monitors executions of repeated jobs, such as building a software project or jobs run by cron from Koshuke Kawaguchi

Can any guru can send me moreSmilie that appear in the list

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repository of HP-UX 10.20 packages

Hello, What the adresses of ftps or websites the packages depots to HP-UX 10.20 I am search and google I did not get success. Thanks :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markos
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Repository Backup Using Unix

Hi All, Is there any unix command through which i can take informatica repository backup. We can take backup using the admin console of informatica but i am not able to do it using cusing unix command prompt. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MANISH KU
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building my own CPAN repository

Hi there , im not sure whether im in the right section, but because im talking about perl, i guess this is the right place :-) I have a whole host (thousands in fact) of Solaris machines that are running different versions of perl with different module sets etc. I wanted to know whether it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

build a repository

Hi, i'll explain my problem in few words: i have to create a repository with mrepo on a RH. I see many procedures on internet and even in linux mag, but there isn't any case where the iso and rpm deposit aren't placed on the repository but on a remote system (a NetApp filer in my case). So... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicnictout
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem when I use Repository

Hi Gurus of Unix I use the Package Manager of OpenSolaris I set my Package Manager : "http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000/" But when I try to install packet appear the following Error: Please check the network connection. Is the repository accessible? Transfer from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris repository

Someone know good software repositories for Solaris 10? I'm searching one with updated packages like Samba3,smbldaptools,openldap,etc Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Repository update

i have a repository server for red hat and centos clients. the repository contain all the rpms from the original install cd. now lets say i will add for example the new BASH rpm that fixes the shellshock vaulnerbility. when the client machine will run the command: "yum update bash" did the yum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Repository out of date.

I get this message when attempting to update OpenSUSE 42.2: Error building the cache: Warning: Repository 'Main Update Repository' appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server. Nothing to do. What's happening? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geos0xAA55
2 Replies
MM(1L)																	    MM(1L)

NAME
mm - mirror master SYNOPSIS
mm [flags] [package-files] DESCRIPTION
mm is the mirror master. It runs multiple calls to mirror in parallel and handles locking and minimal retry times. As with mirror, mm is a package written in Perl. mm presumes that all the package details are stored in a directory called packages. All the packages for a given site must be in a file whose name is the same as that of the site. So in packages/sunsite.org.uk will be all the package details for the host sunsite.org.uk. OPTIONS
-t Ignore the minimal retry timers. -o site:package Only mirror the given site:package. -debug Enable debugging. If this argument is given more than once the debugging level will increase. Currently the maximum useful level is four. -s Enable status debugging. This will print out the status of any subprocess as it is spawned or as it exits. CONFIGURATION FILE The configuration file is parsed as a series of statements. Blank lines and lines beginning with a hash are ignored. There are are two kinds of statements, controls and site:package details. Control statements are of the form: keyword=value You can add whitespace around the equals. Here is a list of the keywords and their values, any defaults are given inside square brackets: home Directory that mm chdirs to before doing any work. [''] max Maximum number of mirrors that can be running in parallel at any one time ['6'] mirror This is the way to call mirror. Any occurence of $args, $package or $site is replace with the appropriate entry from the package. Any $pkg is replaced with a version of $package with all characters that cause problems in filenames converted to underscore. The default is: exec ./mirror $args -p'$package' packages/$site > logs/$site:$pkg 2>&1 [''] cmd Run the given command. This can occur multiple times. [''] cmdin Run the given command and use its output as mm input. This can occur multiple times. [''] skip Skip the given site:package when it occurs. [''] In addition to control statements there are also package details. Each package details statement is of the form: site:package min-restart-last-ok min-restart-last-notok mirror-args The site and package fields are matched against those in the packages. A mirror will only be run to this site:package if the last mirror run was more than min hours out. The min-restart-last-ok limit will be used if the last call to mirror was successful. If the mirror call failed then min-restart-last-notok will be used. EXAMPLES
Here is a simple mm input file to manage mirroring two packages. home=/public/mirror ftp.cl.cam.ac.uk:JIPS-nrs 20 20 hcrl.open.ac.uk:hcrl-psion 20 20 More usually the auxilly program pkgs_to_mmin will be used to automatically convert the contents of the packages directory into the site:package statements. home=/public/mirror cmdin=./pkgs_to_mmin packages/* AUTHOR
Written by Lee McLoughlin <lmjm@icparc.ic.ac.uk>. 21 April 1993 MM(1L)