Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cron job is not working for two scripts Post 302517334 by DGPickett on Tuesday 26th of April 2011 01:13:06 PM
Old 04-26-2011
Is it executable chown
with the #! first line pointing at perl?
Does it need a tty?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job not working

Hi All, I created a shell script and it works perfectly fine when I run from the command. But the same does not work as expected when I call it from a cron job. Here is the shell script(scan.sh): # # #Which directory to scan for files?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON job to execute all scripts in a directory

Hi everyone: I'm trying to make a CRON job that will execute Fridays at 7am. I have the following: * 7 * * 5 I've been studying up on CRON and I know to have this in a file and then "crontab filename.txt" to add it to the CRON job list. The CRON part I believe I understand, but I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not working

Hello, I have the following crontab entry that does not seem to be running. When I check /var/cron/log, it is not there. Here is my os info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Here is the crontab entry: 01 21 * * * find /export/app/datafeed/flus/archive -mtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job not working for some reasons

I set up a new cron job. I have set cron jobs many times in the past and never faced issues. For some reasons my new cron job is not working.This is how my cron job looks like. plz help me out guys. 3,8,13,18,23,28,33,38,43,48,53,58 * * * * /siebel/sblp900/home/FSMTaskChk/script... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo command not working with cron job.

Hello, I have written a script that has a sudo command to change file permissions within it. When I run the script manually, the sudo command inside of it works fine. When the script is run through crontab I get the error "cron: not found". It the same user profile that I am using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux - scripts not working in cron

hi all, i have scripts executable in manully, but not working in cron. any ideas? thanks a lot? * * * * * /home/dir/dir/file.sh #! /bin/sh alarmPath="/home/dir/monitoringAlarm" alarmDateTime="$(date +%Y%m%d) $(date +%H%M%S)" tomcatPID=`pidof /usr/local/jdk1.6.0_13/bin/java` echo "tomcat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job now working?

Hi all, I wrote a script as below, #!/bin/ksh . /app/home/etc/sudo.profile >/dev/null java -jar $HOME/abc.jar The jar file abc.jar is located in the same folder as the script. When I'm manually running that script the jar file gets executed. However if I set a cron job, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing python scripts via cron job

Hi, I'm executing a python script via cron job. The way it is set up is, I'm editing a file called local00 22 * * * root su - -c "/opt/setup_dir/bin/run_bkp -p" When this job executes, the command-specific logfile and the syslog (where the logs are supposed to go) show half of the logs(no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not working

cron process in AIX is there when I do ps -ef |grep cron, but none of cron job is working. It appears that cron process is hanging or having some issues? How do you resolve this? Do I kill the cron process by kill -9 PID? and how to start it? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. AIX

Cron job not working but works on other nodes.

Hi All, I have a many cron jobs scheduled in my AIX server. Only one cron not getting executed in the same server but that job is good on all other servers. Here is my cron , which will keep last 30 files and remove others., 00 00 * * * /usr/bin/find /tmp/reports/nmon -name *.nmon -mtime... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
9 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)