Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find records between two files which are not exists in one another in one Post 302517136 by kevintse on Tuesday 26th of April 2011 07:35:57 AM
Old 04-26-2011
Finds records from fileB which are not in fileA:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$0]; next}!($0 in a)' fileA fileB

---------- Post updated at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:34 AM ----------

SmilieI have post code of this like for more than once...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

-s option to find object exists not working.

is there a direct command to find whether directory is empty, -s option doesn't seem to work. Mark. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help comparing 2 files to find deleted records

Hi, I need to compare todays file to yesterdays file to find deletes. I cannot use comm -23 file.old file.new. Because each record may have a small change in it but is not really a delete. I have two delimited files. the first field in each file is static. All other fields may change. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to check whether particular file exists and to find its size

I want to find the size of particular file exists in a particular directory and i wnt to zip it. In the below mentioned code it should check the MQ.log in the particular directory.Please correct my code so that it will check for particular MQ.log but i could not able to check whether the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balachandar
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find, if exists then append for file with same name

I will have to process multiple files with same name everyday. My requirement is: If on a certain day I see that filename.txt exists then the contents of the filename.txt would be added/append to the former file contents.Each time it sees the file the content would be added.But the header ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Find a whether user exists or not.

Hi all, to find a user whether he had an account on AIX box i will use commands like "finger" , "lsuser". I am new to solaris and we are migrating to solaris. now i am using " more /etc/passwd | grep -i <UserID> " to find a user present in that solaris box or not. Are der any similar... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find out records in between 50 to 60

my file contain 1 to 100 numbers and i want to display 50 to 60 numbers in a seperate file. how many ways this is possible in unix:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailkrissh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find these records.

Hi, Unix Gurus, I need find records in a file which first 5 character is empty. eg. 12344567 233 467 345 435 456 2334455555 4t54 eee 233445555 444 aaa eerer eree ereei want to find 345 435 456 eerer eree eree:wall: Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Statement to find if an entry exists in a file

I need to check if an entry input by the user is in a file. If so, I need to run a command, and if it does not exist then it should output entry does not exist. So I have so far... echo "Enter record:" read record //command || //command Can I use an if statement to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out whether a file exists with the help of regular expression?

Hi all I have a list of file names in array. But this file names are not exact. so i want to search whether a file exists or not using regular expression. code snippet: if ; then echo "File exists" else echo "File does not exits" fi over here "*EQST*" should be treated as a regular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh_more
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)