Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resync data on File system
Operating Systems AIX Resync data on File system Post 302516950 by funksen on Monday 25th of April 2011 03:03:46 PM
Old 04-25-2011
try to run fsck, to eliminate those "bad" files, or try to remove them manually

cheers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data

I'm having this error when I do full fs cleanup # fsck -F vxfs -o full /dev/vg01/lvol1 vxfs fsck: file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data. log replay in progress vxfs fsck: file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data. vxfs fsck: file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data. pass0 - checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

raidctl and resync when reboot

I am using raidctl on a v440 disk and noticed it resyncs after every boot, which takes about 30 minutes because of the size of the partition. I am concerned with what happens during the resync if "writes" happen to the disk before it is complete? Any info would be helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to verify that copied data to remote system is identical with local data.

I have created simple shell script #!/bin/sh echo `date`; echo "Start .... find . -mtime +95 -print > /tmp/files.txt for file in `cat /tmp/files.txt` do echo "copying file - $file" /usr/local/bin/scp -p -P 2222 $file remote.hostname:/file/path echo "copid file -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

5. Linux

Increasing total data size per file system request for block drivers

Hi All, I am writing a block driver for a 2GB SD card where i get the total amount of data per request as follows: struct request *req; uint card_addr,total_bytes; struct request_queue *rq = BlkDev->queue; req = elv_next_request(rq); .. .. card_addr = req->sector*512;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amio
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system testing for Data corruption

Hi, could any one tell is there any test-suite or any idea How to do data corruption validation testing, means there is no any data corruption ? Regards Manish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish_tcs_hp
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I reboot during a metadevice resync?

In my infinite lack of wisdom, I brought a Solaris 10(Sparc, 64 bit ) system down to init 1, detached a metadrive so that I could run format->analyze->refresh on it, and then reinit'd and reattached it . It started syncing the drive as it's a submirror of a mirrored drive, which happens... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
8 Replies

9. AIX

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected Help me what do I do? Если знаете русскии, пишите на нем. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islily
2 Replies
MSDOSFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							MSDOSFS(5)

NAME
msdosfs -- MS-DOS file system SYNOPSIS
options MSDOSFS DESCRIPTION
The msdosfs driver will permit the FreeBSD kernel to read and write MS-DOS based file systems. The most common usage follows: mount -t msdosfs /dev/ada0sN /mnt where N is the partition number and /mnt is a mount point. Some users tend to create a /dos directory for msdosfs mount points. This helps to keep better track of the file system, and make it more easily accessible. It is possible to define an entry in /etc/fstab that looks similar to: /dev/ada0sN /dos msdosfs rw 0 0 This will mount an MS-DOS based partition at the /dos mount point during system boot. Using /mnt as a permanent mount point is not advised as its intention has always been to be a temporary mount point for floppy and ZIP disks. See hier(7) for more information on FreeBSD direc- tory layout. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8), mount_msdosfs(8), umount(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 1, 2013 BSD