Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Type of RAM
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Type of RAM Post 302516891 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of April 2011 12:59:03 PM
Old 04-25-2011
I don't think Windows can tell you that. If the model is a name-brand Dell or something you could look up the model and find out from that. Or if you know what motherboard you have you can look that up and find out.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Ram structure

Hi all, I would like know if we can enter a command under UNIX (HPUX 10.xx) to know the hard ram memory structure . Thanks Dorian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dorian
1 Replies

2. AIX

reduce available ram

hello, we have a aix 5.2 server with 8GB of ram. is it possible, without actually removing the hardware, to have the O/S think it has only 4GB of ram? We would like to see how the handles and responds if it only had 4Gb instead of the 8GB. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Looks like i found... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Command for RAM

folks, hows everyone? just upgraded my laptop running on solaris 10 by adding some extra RAM. I did notice some improvement (increase in speed) but could not be certain the new RAM has been accepted and all is well (was concerned a bit as i almost broke it while installing :-)) and didnt get any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
4 Replies

4. AIX

Know RAM and CPU

Dear How i can know the ( RAM and CPU ) on unix. we use AIX operating system. This is for security purposes. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

6. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

8. Solaris

expanding RAM

our sparc server has only 1Gb RAM. Since RAM is not very expensive anymore, it seems like a good idea to upgrade it. will it make server (and database on it) faster? I hope it would less 'abuse' hard drive.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
6 Replies

9. Solaris

RAM check

is there a way to thoroughly test RAM in Solaris10 (SPARC)? or is boot test good enough? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
5 Replies
CABEXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CABEXTRACT(1)

NAME
cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives SYNOPSIS
cabextract [-ddir] [-f] [-Fpattern] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-p] [-q] [-s] [-t] [-v] cabinet files ... DESCRIPTION
cabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files). cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only the first cabinet file needs to be given as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically look for the remaining files. To prevent cabextract from extracting cabinet files you did not specify, use the -s option. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -d dir Extracts all files into the directory dir. -f When testing or extracting cabinet files, corrupted MSZIP blocks will be ignored. A warning will be printed if a corrupted MSZIP block is encountered. -F pattern Only files with names that match the shell pattern pattern shall be listed, tested or extracted. On non-GNU systems, this match may be case-sensitive. -h Prints a page of help and exits. -l Lists the contents of the given cabinet files, rather than extracting them. -L When extracting cabinet files, makes each extracted file's name lowercase. -p Files shall be extracted to standard output. -q When extracting cabinet files, suppresses all messages except errors and warnings. -s When testing, listing or extracting cabinets which span multiple files, only cabinet files given on the command line shall be used. -t Tests the integrity of the cabinet. Files are decompressed, but not written to disk or standard output. If the file successfully decompresses, the MD5 checksum of the file is printed. -v If given alone on the command line, prints the version of cabextract and exits. Given with a list of cabinet files, it will list the contents of the cabinet files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stuart Caie <kyzer@4u.net>, based on the one written by Eric Sharkey <sharkey@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. SEE ALSO
lcab(1) October 30, 2005 CABEXTRACT(1)