Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to remove all text including 2 certain character in each line! Post 302516814 by digitalmahdi on Monday 25th of April 2011 07:43:53 AM
Old 04-25-2011
i bet you didn't know that you are awesome Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Last Character of Line

Hi, I need to put the single line contents of a file into a variable, but remove the last character, for example the file would have this sort of contents: 2;4;3;10;67;54;96; And I want the variable to be: 2;4;3;10;67;54;96 (notice the last ";" has gone). Unfortunately I can't just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to remove html tags including text between them

How to use sed to remove html tags including text between them? Example: User <b> rolvak </b> is stupid. It does not using <b>OOP</b>! and should output: User is stupid. It does not using ! Thank you.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphagon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I remove everything after a certain character in text files?

I have a text file with a few thousand lines in the format: abcdef*ghijk*lmno pqrs*tuv wx*y*z etc. What I want to do is, get rid of everything after the SECOND asterik (the *) in each line (including the asterik). So for the example above, it would look like this after the editing: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To remove new line character

Hi, I am facing one interesting problem : I have a file which contains data like this 459,|1998-11-047|a |b |c \n efg | d|e | \n 459,|1998-11-047|a \n c|b |c \n efg | d|e | \n Basically what I have to do is , I have to remove all \n which is coming ( enclosed ) in between... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to remove new line character and append new line character in a file?

Hi Experts, I have data coming in 4 columns and there are new line characters \n in between the data. I need to remove the new line characters in the middle of the row and keep the \n character at the end of the line. File is comma (,) seperated. Eg: ID,Client ,SNo,Rank 37,Airtel \n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove , if first character on line

Hi, I have a file with lines such as the below. I want to remove the comma only if it is the first character on a line. I can't work out how to do this using sed. *ELSET, ELSET=WHEEL_TD2 63, 64, 65, 72, 82, 88, 89, 92, 120, 121, 152, 181, 190, 221, 252, 259 , 260, 282, 283, 285, 286,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the last character (,) for every line in a file

Good afternoon: im working wih 2 files to find differences and use the cmp command cmp file1 file2 file1 file2 are are diifferent char 302 line1 i found what the difference is with the sed command and that is the file1 at the end of every line has a (,) (comma) character. i.e sed -n... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove last character in each line

Hi guys, Does anyone know how to remove the last character in each of the line? This is what I have: ABCDE.1 GLSJD.2 HIJPL.2 HKAGB.3 IUBWQ.1 What I want (remove the dot and number): ABCDE GLSJD HIJPL HKAGB IUBWQ I tried to use this: sed 's/.*//' But I'm not sure if that is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narachaid
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - remove begin of line up to the third and including occurence of character

hello. How to remove all characters in a line from first character ( a $ ) until and including the third occurrence of that character ( $ ). Any help is welcome. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bracket including text inside with sed

Hello, I could not remove brackets with text contents myfile: Please remove the bracket with text I wish to remove: I tried: sed 's/\//' myfile It gives: Please remove the bracket with text A1 I expect: Please remove the bracket with text Many thanks Boris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)