Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RedHat 9 Questions
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat 9 Questions Post 302516781 by Michael Snowden on Monday 25th of April 2011 05:24:30 AM
Old 04-25-2011
Thank you. Not quite what I am seeking.

Michael

---------- Post updated at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 PM ----------

Cairns, Queensland
2011 April 25

Thank you administrator. I have not found a way to change the word astronomer to Red Hat 9. Can you do that for me please?

Michael

Last edited by Scott; 04-25-2011 at 07:01 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat

Hi all, I'm installing RedHat 7.0 on a laptop. As it's a dual boot with win2k I make a boot sector instead of using the MBR. After the install I mark the boot sector active in windows then I can boot into Linux. First question. When I make the boot sector active it deletes the swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat linux questions??

1. is redhat linux 7.3 the latest version ?? 2. where can i find FREE documentation regarding it ?? installation , etc... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

3. Linux

redhat

hello people i just installed redhat, everything seemes to be fine, but when i start it, it boots up normally and starts firstboot or whatever, then it opens something, i can move the mouse for a while(thats all i see.. first the X then an arrow..) but then the whole computer freezes.. i think the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenewestuser
3 Replies

4. SuSE

redhat

i just bought a redhat 9.0 book which comes with the operating system and Ive install it as a server however Im having difficulties installing Swat and I just wonder if I have to spend buy an enterprise server or what ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keliy1
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

redhat

if sombody can help it will be very good.I want to have some information concerning redhat 9.How to go in the internet with :confused: ,how to programmate in c or c++,and finally how i can use it esaly.Sorry for my english i'm a french speaker ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boyep
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just had a few questions

1) The lpr and sort utilities accept input either from a file named on the command line or from standard input. a)Name two other utilities that function in a similar manner. b)Name a utility that accepts its input only from standard input. 2) Explain the following error message. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: youngyou
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat 5.8 to 6.0

Hi, Currently running Redhat 5.8, I am thinking about upgrading to 6. After the upgrade, in case, I want to downgrade. How would I do that? Please let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)						    Red Hat Linux System Manual 					      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - a program for non interactively registering systems to Red Hat Network SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [OPTION]... [PACKAGE NAME]... DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the Red Hat Network. It is designed to be used in a non-interactive enviroment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the commandline or stdin. --profilename Specify the profilename that should be used as an identifier for the system in Red Hat Network --username The username to register the system with under Red Hat Network. This can be an existing Red Hat Network username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --orgid Specify an organizational id of the org to register this system under. This is optional, and only used if registered a system to an existing Red Hat Network organization. --orgpassword The password assocated with the orgig specified with the --orgid option. This is an unencrypted password. --email The email address associated with the username specified iwth the --username option. --serialnumber Specify a servial number to associate with the system. This is optional, and only useful when combined with an orgid. --contactinfo Read contact info from standard in. The format is one entry per line, colon seperated. Valid options are reg_num, title, first_name, last_name, company, position, address1, address2, city, state, zip, country, phone, fax, contact_email, contact_mail, contact_phone, contact_fax, contact_special, contact_newsletter. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version fo rhnreg_ks --proxy Specify a http proxy to use. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date Configuration settings for up2date and rhnreg_ks /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT The ssl certificate authority file used by rhnreg_ks to validate the Red Hat Network ssl servers. EXAMPLES
The following registers a new system to Red Hat Network. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" The following examples registers a new system to Red Hat Network including contact info. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" --contactinfo < contactinfo where the file "contactinfo" contains data in the format: first_name: Billy last_name: Bob company: SomeCompanyName city: Springfield fax: 555-5555 phone: 555-5555 SEE ALSO
Configuration can be done via up2date --configure. rhnreg_ks is used to register a system to Red Hat Network. Visit <http://rhn.red- hat.com> for access or to sign up. You can also run up2date to register a system with Red Hat Network. Authors Written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Wed 10 April 2002 RHNREG_KS(8)