Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting strange behaviour script terminate before complete execution Post 302516657 by Corona688 on Sunday 24th of April 2011 04:48:15 PM
Old 04-24-2011
You've got a useless use of cat in there.

Many servers won't let you ssh into root, at all.

I don't understand why you're ssh-ing to the same host to run df for each and every line. Could you tell us your goal with this script?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/passwd strange behaviour!

Hi there, first of all, here is my conf of a uname -a Linux SAMBA 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown on a fedora machine. Here is my problem: every once in a while, the line containing root disappears in the /etc/passwd, disabling all logging on my server. Any one have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Strange Behaviour!!!

Can some-one give me a view to this : I have a directory in an unix server, having permissions r-xr-xr-x .This directory is basically a source directory. Now there is another directory basically the destination directory which has all the permissions. Note:I log in as not the owner,but user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behaviour from script in crontab

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, my search skills may be lacking somewhat today. I have a script that does the following (as a test): find . -name "*.txt" -exec file {} \; >>$sFullFilePath Now, the variable is set up up correctly in the script too. When I run the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PilotGoose
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Program behaviour

Had a strange thing going on with my code. It's ok I figured it out for myself.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script strange behaviour

Hi people, I'm having some strange behaviour with an 'expect' script. spawn csession blah expect "Username: " send "userblah\r" expect "Password: " send "passwordblah\r" interact When I execute the script as root it runs perfectly. However, when executed as any other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GarciasMuffin
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange RegExp Behaviour

Hello, I was trying to identify lines who has a word of the following pattern "xyyx" (where x, and ys are different characters). I was trying the following grep - egrep '(\S)()\2\1' This pattern do catches the wanted pattern, but it also catches "GGGG" or "CCCC" patterns. I was trying to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itskov
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Script behaviour with Grep

Here is my script LOGDATE=`date '+%Y-%m-%d %k:%M' | cut -c1-15` echo $LOGDATE echo "grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.log >10min_log" grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.log>10min_log grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.logHere is the output of the script -rw-r--r-- 1 wluser wluser 0 May 3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
STARTPAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTPAR(8)

NAME
startpar - start runlevel scripts in parallel SYNOPSIS
startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] [-a arg] prg1 prg2 ... startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] -M [ boot|start|stop] DESCRIPTION
startpar is used to run multiple run-level scripts in parallel. The degree of parallelism on one CPU can be set with the -p option, the default is full parallelism. An argument to all of the scripts can be provided with the -a option. Processes blocked by pending I/O will cause new process creation to be weighted by the iorate factor 800. To change this factor the option -i can be used to specify another value. The amount weight=(nblockedxiorate)/1000 will be subtracted from the total number of processes which could be started, where nblocked is the number of processes currently blocked by pending I/O. The output of each script is buffered and written when the script exits, so output lines of different scripts won't mix. You can modify this behaviour by setting a timeout. The timeout set with the -t option is used as buffer timeout. If the output buffer of a script is not empty and the last output was timeout seconds ago, startpar will flush the buffer. The -T option timeout works more globally. If no output is printed for more than global_timeout seconds, startpar will flush the buffer of the script with the oldest output. Afterwards it will only print output of this script until it is finished. The -M option switches startpar into a make(1) like behaviour. This option takes three different arguments: boot, start, and stop for reading .depend.boot or .depend.start or .depend.stop respectively in the directory /etc/init.d/. By scanning the boot and runlevel direc- tories in /etc/init.d/ it then executes the appropriate scripts in parallel. FILES
/etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop SEE ALSO
init(8) insserv(8). COPYRIGHT
2003,2004 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> Jun 2003 STARTPAR(8)