Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 3D effects on RHEL6 OC
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat 3D effects on RHEL6 OC Post 302516605 by susja on Sunday 24th of April 2011 11:20:21 AM
Old 04-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
The T61P had a PCI Express x16 NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M. Try installing the proprietary NVIDIA driver instead of the nouveau driver.
thanks for reply.
My video card is: nVidia Corporation G84M [Quadro FX 570M]
I could see it from Control Center -> System -> Display.
If I click on 'Configure' button I see a list of models of video cards and the one selected is:
nv - nVidia Riva 128, RIVA TNT, GeForce, nForce and QUADRO cards.
Sorry ... but I don't know how to install propriety Nvidia driver. someone told me that I should use 'Restricted Drivers Manager' ... but I can't find it on my system. Where could I find propriety nvidia driver and how to install it on my rhel6 OC?
I do appreciate your help.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Effects of grep -o when it's not available

I'm on a Solaris box that doesn't have -o as an option for grep (trying to return match only). Is there any way to get this functionality without the -o option? I've tried both sed and awk doing something like: echo "this is a test" | awk '/test/' or echo "this is a test | sed '/test/p'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Effects on data size during encrypted transfer

Hi There, I wonder if any one can help me. I want to transfer a file from one site to another over an encrypted link. I want to know if there will be any imcrease in the data that will travel on the link? For example, I want to transfer a 1 GB file from one site to another, using an encrypted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sound Effects Dolby,SRS in Linux

Hello all. Can anyone tell me if there is any alternative to Window$ Media Player for LINUX(Linux Mint). What am searching for is a player with sound processing capabilities.(Bass,Equaliser,SRS,Dolby,etc..) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

3d effects in rhel6

I installed rhel 6.0 in my laptop but it is not upporting 3d graphics of rhel6 and i am getting an error message "Accelerated 3d graphics not available Desktop effects require hardware 3D support." my laptop is dll studio 1558 and my graphic card is ATI Radeon 5470 with 1 gb dedicated ram. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshgupta
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Effects of /etc/fstab file!

Hi Folks! I accidentally overwrote in /etc/fstab file. Can you guys please tell me, what impact it would have created, when I restarted the machine(RHEL6). I executed this command : # blkid /dev/vda5 > /etc/fstab (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
17 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu encryption and its effects

How will Full Disk encryption effect how open-source software is compiled and run using ubuntu 14.04. Are there alternatives that are recommended? Thank you :). (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Remove filter effects from downloaded videos?

Does anyone know a way to remove filter effects from videos downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere, preferably with software that runs in Windows 7? Thank you in anticipation. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quadphonic
1 Replies
Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)

NAME
Desktop::Notify::Notification - a notification object for the desktop notifications framework VERSION
Version 0.03 SYNOPSIS
# $notify is an existing Desktop::Notify object my $note = $notify->create(summary => 'Rebuilding FooBar', body => 'Progress: 10%'); $note->show; ... # Update the notification later $note->body('Progress: 20%'); $note->show; ... # Take it off the screen $note->close; DESCRIPTION
Desktop notification objects are represented as objects of this class. They are created by a Desktop::Notify object. Displaying, closing, and modifying the notification is done by using methods in this class. METHODS
new $notify, %params This is called internally by Desktop::Notify to create a new notification object. show Display the notification on the screen. If this notification had previously been shown and not closed yet, it will replace the existing notification. Show can be called multiple times on the same notification, probably with attribute changes between calls, and later show calls will cause the server to seamlessly replace the existing notification. close Close the notification if it is already being displayed. ATTRIBUTES
The following parameters can be set when creating the object or later modified using accessors (descriptions are from the specification at <http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/0.9/x408.html>) summary The summary text briefly describing the notification. body The optional detailed body text. Can be empty. timeout The timeout time in milliseconds since the display of the notification at which the notification should automatically close. If -1, the notification's expiration time is dependent on the notification server's settings, and may vary for the type of notification. If 0, never expire. The following extra parameters are included in the specification but not supported by Desktop::Notify at this time app_icon The optional program icon of the calling application. actions Actions are sent over as a list of pairs. Each even element in the list (starting at index 0) represents the identifier for the action. Each odd element in the list is the localized string that will be displayed to the user. hints Optional hints that can be passed to the server from the client program. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-25 Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)