Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Any tips to grow iSCSI LUN
Operating Systems AIX Any tips to grow iSCSI LUN Post 302516392 by bbbngowc on Friday 22nd of April 2011 10:43:17 PM
Old 04-22-2011
Any tips to grow iSCSI LUN

Hi,

I have an iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 box. It's initial size is 250GB, I just grew it on the SAN to 300GB, but AIX is not seeing the change. Right now I have some processes going and it's eating up the disk space. I need to grow this lun by atleast 30GB otherwise the process with bomb and that will not be good. chvg -g <vgname> is not working. I'm thinking I need to varyoff, then varyon this disk in order to get it to work, but I can't afford that now.

If anyone has any tips and have successfully did this without take the fs offline, I would love to hear it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxVM disk/lun grow

hi, i have a volume on a LUN of an EMC-storage and i need to increase the size. i could increase the size of the LUN on the EMC, i could increase the size of the disk for solaris, but how can i tell the veritas volume manager that the disk is larger now? what i've done: 1. LUN on EMC 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. AIX

Help growing iscsi lun

Hi, I have an iSCSI LUN of 200GB. I increased it to 250GB and when I try to increase the size of the vg, I'm getting an error that none of the volumes have increased in size. How can I get the OS to see the additional 50GB? ---------- Post updated at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous update... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Set up iscsi LUN on solaris 9?

Hi, I need to set up iscsi LUN on Solaris 9. I've done it on Solaris 10 with iscsiadm. How do you do it on Solaris 9 though? Currently using Solaris 9 update 2. Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Sparcman (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10 -> iscsi -> equiliogic lun

We "lose" the iscsi device after a reboot - i.e., it appears in /dev/rdsk and /dev/dsk but format cannot find it. Obviously, it won't mount either. This happens for two separately defined luns. We must be missing a step in iscsiadm. The luns are defined as targets, we can see them in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client)?

how to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Grow LUN presented on Linux host

Hi, I have a SAN LUN of 550 GB created as an ext3 partition of the entire lun and need to make the lun and partition larger... 600 GB # fdisk -l /dev/sdj Disk /dev/sdj: 590.5 GB, 590558003200 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 71797 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

8. AIX

Netapp iscsi lun

Hi, I have aix 6.1 box. I want to configure iscsi luns from netapp storage. I tried in google but not getting proper solution for that. i m not getting the proper iqn name. Please share me the steps to complete this requirements. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

DM multipath :iscsi lun shows by diff names on two server where its exported

Hi, I am trying to setup multipathing (using DM multipath) for a redhat cluster setup ...all setup is done but issue is : node 1 shows the shared iscsi lun as sdc node 2 shows the same as sdg (changes on reboots) Due to this (i guess) i get i/o error & i can not read files created by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Make an iSCSI LUN clone bootable

trying to do this for a DR situation. I've cloned an iSCSI LUN to another server. I've created an LDOM on it. set the LDOM to auto-boot=false and exported the LUN as a raw disk to the new LDOM. After starting the LDOM and telnetting to it. I can get to the OK prompt and see the disk but when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies
ISCSID(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						 ISCSID(8)

NAME
iscsid - Open-iSCSI daemon SYNOPSIS
iscsid [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The iscsid implements the control path of iSCSI protocol, plus some management facilities. For example, the daemon could be configured to automatically re-start discovery at startup, based on the contents of persistent iSCSI database. OPTIONS
[-c|--config=]config-file Read configuration from config-file rather than the default /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf file. [-i|--initiatorname=]iname-file Read initiator name from iname-file rather than the default /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi file. [-f|--foreground] run iscsid in the foreground. [-d|--debug=]debug_level print debugging information. Valid values for debug_level are 0 to 8. [-u|--uid=]uid run under user ID uid (default is the current user ID) [-g|--gid=]gid run under user group ID gid (default is the current user group ID). [-n|--no-pid-file] do not write a process ID file. [-p|--pid=]pid-file write process ID to pid-file rather than the default /var/run/iscsid.pid [-h|--help] display this help and exit [-v|--version] display version and exit. FILES
/etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf The configuration file read by iscsid and iscsiadm on startup. /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi The file containing the iSCSI initiatorname and initiatoralias read by iscsid and iscsiadm on startup. /etc/iscsi/nodes Open-iSCSI persistent configuration database SEE ALSO
iscsiadm(8) AUTHORS
Open-iSCSI project <http://www.open-iscsi.org/> Alex Aizman <itn780@yahoo.com> Dmitry Yusupov <dmitry_yus@yahoo.com> July 2005 ISCSID(8)