Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using AWK to format output based on key field Post 302516330 by bartus11 on Friday 22nd of April 2011 03:24:06 PM
Old 04-22-2011
Try:
Code:
awk 'NR==1{h=$0;next}{a[$1]=a[$1]"||"$2}END{print h;for (i in a){sub("^\\|\\|","",a[i]);print i,a[i]}}' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Summing a field based on another field

So, I need to do some summing. I have an Apache log file with the following as a typical line: 127.0.0.1 - frank "GET /apache_pb.gif HTTP/1.0" 200 2326 Now, what I'd like to do is a per-minute sum. So, I can have awk tell me the individual minutes, preserving the dates(since this is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk / Awk Merge Lines based on Key

Hi Guys, After windows died on my netbook I installed Lubuntu and discovered Gawk about a month ago. After using Excel for 10+ years I'm amazed how quick and easily Gawk can process data but I'm stuck with a little problem merging data from multiple lines. I'm an SEO Consultant and provide... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamesfirst
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed? change field conditional on key match

Hi. I'd appreciate if I can get some direction in this issue to get me going. Datafile1: -About 4000 records, I have to update field#4 in selected records based on a match in the key field (Field#1). -Field #1 is the key field (servername) . # of Fields may vary # comment server1 bbb ccc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RascalHoudi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Merge two files based on one key

Hi, I am struggling with the an awk command to merge two files based on a common key. I want to append the value from File2 ($2) onto the end of File1 where $1 from each file matches - If no match then nothing is apended File1 COL1|COL2|COL3|COL4|COL5|COL6|COL7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ads89
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value in field based on another field

In the tab-delimeted input file below I am trying to use awk to update the value in $2 if TYPE=ins in bold, by adding the value of HRUN= in italics. In the below since in line 1 TYPE=ins the 117282541 value in $2 has 6 added because that is the value of HRUN=. Hopefully the awk is a start but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to adjust coordinates in field based on sequential numbers in another field

I am trying to output a tab-delimited result that uses the data from a tab-delimited file to combine and subtract specific lines. If $4 matches in each line then the first matching sequential $6 value is added to $2, unless the value is 1, then the original $2 is used (like in the case of line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files summary using awk based on index key

Hello , I have several files which are looking similar to : file01.txt keyA001 350 X string001 value001 keyA001 450 X string002 value007 keyA001 454 X string002 value004 keyA001 500 X string003 value005 keyA001 255 X string004 value006 keyA001 388 X string005 value008 keyA001 1278 X... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to print output based on first field.

Hi Folks, I have one requirement, There is one file, which contains two fields. Based on first field, I need to print an output. Example will be more suitable. Input file like this. abc 5 abc 10 xyz 6 xyz 9 xyz 10 mnp 10 mnp 12 mnp 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a specific field in file with Variable value based on other Key Word

I have an input file with A=xyz B=pqr I would want the value in Second Field (xyz or pqr) updated with a value present in Shell Variable based on the value passed in the first field. (A or B ) while read line do NEW_VALUE = `some functionality done on $line` If $line=First Field-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with getting awk to multiply a field by a value set based on condition of another field

Hi, So awk is driving me crazy on this one. I have searched everywhere and read man, docs and every related post Google can find and still no luck. The actual files I need to run this on are sensitive in nature, but it is the same thing as if I needed to calculate weighted grades for multiple... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotilloe
15 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)